Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Adonnis
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sparred against Tae kwon do martial artists of my own experience many times and I have anihilated them most of the time ... this hopping around marlarchy gets you nailed, also distance is a problem you dont like being close or punching but still when you get it wright WOW, by the way I`m only a first dan in shotokan.

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You showed them Hoss.

I think that it depends on the person and how dedicated they are to their skill. TKD hardly punches at all, thats because you want to keep them away from you with the special kicks. That dosent mean that everyone that practices TKD will just sit there and take your punches tho... heh!

onesimusTKD
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say as a TKD guy...I know the pains and sufferings of sparring the "TKD" way...I never was taught the hopping around...But, I can say that the first time I sparred an Okinawan stylist...I FOUND OUT WHY GROIN KICKS ARE REALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST A HIGH ROUNDHOUSE! HA HA

I think we can all learn from sparring others. Each style has their own characteristics. I think that I am successful because I will spar with anyone! I LOVE IT! HA HA

[ This Message was edited by: onesimusTKD on 2002-02-04 06:15 ]

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i say it depends on the person you fought and what they had learned (all schools being different). Some are told to move more or get in closer so don't give TKD a bad name just because you fought an novice.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: