Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i compete as a points fighter i put lot of emphasis on sparring side on. This makes using my rear hand quite tricky and using boxing logic that would be my stronger hand. I therefore train with my stronger hand as my lead hand. and rely on my jab and hook.

Unorthodox but it works for me. I my foot work was a bit better I would feel happier throwing my rear hand... one day...

Bretty

atateen007
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: TKD (wtf,currently ata)2nd degree in both also i take Krav Maga

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like to train both my legs equally. I have noticed alot for me(cant speak for anyone else) i use my dominant leg, then maybe bust up my shin. So I'v trained both legs so I can switch feet and still feel comfortable.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironberg wrote:
Thanx for the replies. Sometimes I am forced to mix things up for the simple reason that my legs have different strengths (my left is more cordinated and technical, the right is more brute force). Does anyone else have this problem with cross-dominance with different sides within a vast array of techs?

I do, but muay thai has it's own way of fixing it. I'm left handed, but I punch with equal strength in both arms. However, my left leg is the best kicking leg. For that reason, I would sometimes fight southpaw, as 1. it confused my orthodox opponents and 2. that was my power leg. Now, I usually fight out of an orthodox lead. muay thai does what's called swtich kicking - If I want more power into my lead leg kick, I shuffle my feet, bringing my left back some. now, it's a rear leg. Once I kick, I set it down in front, returning to my orthodox stance.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: