Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got round to watching it yet. Once I've finished this season's American Horror Story (which is superb this year! past few have been awful!), then I'll get on it. I tend to be quite slow when it comes to watching new series. I didn't start watching TWD until season 6 was about to start, so binge watched all five previous seasons in just over a week!

Mo.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singularity6, go for it! I just updated this thread to include "SPOILER WARNING" in the title, so that should cover it. I have seen all episodes myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute...wait a minute...WAIT A MINUTE...this movie is NOT a horror movie!?!?!? If it is a horror movie, then I'll stay away from it, but if it's not a horror movie, then I feel...well...like a scared baby. Yes, I could check it out for myself, but I don't want to be scared, and if I get scared, then I'll have to watch a lot, and I mean a lot of cartoons or a lot of Abbott and Costello.

I know Karate, but, things that bump in the night scare the dickens out of me to no end. Children of the Corn, that movie gives me nightmares, and my wife loves that movie, and she'll torture me with it every Halloween.

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Wait a minute...wait a minute...WAIT A MINUTE...this movie is NOT a horror movie!?!?!? If it is a horror movie, then I'll stay away from it, but if it's not a horror movie, then I feel...well...like a scared baby. Yes, I could check it out for myself, but I don't want to be scared, and if I get scared, then I'll have to watch a lot, and I mean a lot of cartoons or a lot of Abbott and Costello.

I know Karate, but, things that bump in the night scare the dickens out of me to no end. Children of the Corn, that movie gives me nightmares, and my wife loves that movie, and she'll torture me with it every Halloween.

I think I was about 5 or 6 the last time I got scared by a horror movie (C.H.U.D. or Superman III... I can't remember which.) Growing up with that stuff pretty much desensitized me... though I do not like movies like Hostel, Saw or the original Hills Have Eyes. I see enough of people doing horrible things to one-another just by reading the news every day.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 7 simply did not fit, in my opinion. The whole episode felt forced and convoluted. Anyone else kinda feel like the characters were inspired by some sort of JRPG?

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, you can go ahead and lump it into horror, it is gruesome. But, important to note, it's not a movie, but a 9 episode series (second season), with 8 episodes in the first season.

singularity6 wrote:
Episode 7 simply did not fit, in my opinion. The whole episode felt forced and convoluted. Anyone else kinda feel like the characters were inspired by some sort of JRPG?

This was an interesting episode. I can see what you mean, as far as a JRPG. Probably setting the stage to expand the universe in the future. There may be more. I was glad Eleven didn't go evil.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Bob, you can go ahead and lump it into horror, it is gruesome. But, important to note, it's not a movie, but a 9 episode series (second season), with 8 episodes in the first season.

Notes to self: It's of a horror genre!! It's a series; not a movie!!

Wife and me, even though I was ready to leave like the wind if need be, just watched The Dark Tower, a movie by Stephen King. I endured it, but the suspense killed me throughout the entire movie.

In which I'm sure Stranger Things 1 and 2 are riddled with suspense, and for me, the things that bump in the night are more than I can deal with.

MOMMY!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: