Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Mankr
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone do this ?

does it involve just movement stuff like tai chi or does it learn you to hack someone up

taichi4eva
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the style of tai chi you are studying. In the Chen style, the practicioner exerts fa jing through the tip of the weapon.

As for hacking, the true tai chi practicioner will wield each weapon with grace and strength. Sometimes, they will alternate between hard and soft, slow and fast...so I guess there's a little bit of hacking incorporated into it.

From what I've seen, the only weapons that can be used for hacking are the Tai chi dao (sword) and the Tai chi guan dao (General Guan's Knife). All the other weapons- jian, qiang, etc.- focus mostly on thrusting

Tai chi is more of self discipline and spiritual art whose martial concepts are known only through years of practice.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: