Add KarateForums.com
KarateForums.com Offline for Migration on September 5
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Thank You, Heidi (ninjanurse) Reply with quote

Hello,

Five years ago today, Heidi (ninjanurse) became a KarateForums.com Sensei. If you don't know, that's just what we call a moderator here.

Heidi has actually been a part of our community since February 13, 2003, which is the day she joined. She joined our staff, becoming a KarateForums.com Sempai (essentially, a guide), on June 17, 2003 and then, on May 15, 2005, she became a Sensei.

I know, or hope that she knows, how much I appreciate the contributions that she has made to this community. But, I felt that this occasion would mark the perfect opportunity for me, and anyone else, to express our appreciation.

As far as post counts go, Heidi is 4th all-time here. She just edged by Laurie, or PunchPressQueen75, recently. I'm not even sure if she realized, but if so, be sure to point that out to Laurie now, Heidi. And invite her back to try to reclaim her place, once you put a little distance between her and you. She's missed.

But, post count isn't what it's about. The number of posts that one makes is a very small part of the overall impact that they can have here. The content of those posts is infinitely more important and Heidi has consistency been a kind, helpful, encouraging source of information, knowledge and good humor.

That said, what non-staff members see of Heidi is just one part of the picture. The other part is the Heidi that other staff members interact with in our private staff area and the Heidi that is on our team and that part is just as valued.

Heidi, the most veteran member of your staff, has consistently been a consummate team player during her entire time on the team, working well with others, helping her fellow staff members and helping us to accomplish the goals that I set for this community. She's always willing to listen and focuses on the important things.

Thank you, Heidi. Thank you for all of the above and for your contributions to this community, help in maintaining it and impact on it.

Sincerely,

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Chitsu
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: "Car Park-Jutsu"

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you pay her well then Patrick.

Chitsu

gheinisch
KF VIP

Styles: Hon-Shin-Do - Shodan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi is a Great one for sure Patrick! I had the pleasure to be on staff with her and always enjoyed her post and the way she fairly handled ever situation, good or bad. She always has great advice for the newbies of Martial Arts as well as the old veterans out there. Being a Mod on a forum is not always an easy job and requires a lot of time and dedication. You exemplify that Heidi.

Best Wishes,
Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

GeoGiant
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I know that she has provided me with some good advice & insight. Kudos to Ninjanurse!

tallgeese
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Gokei Ryu Kempo Jutsu, MMA, Shootfighting, boxing, kickboxing, JKD, Pekiti Tersia Kali

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Heidi. It's a pleasure working with you.

joesteph
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your fifth anniversary as a KF Sensei, Heidi.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heidi makes the experience here at KF worth the visit. I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that I've truly enjoyed interacting with Heidi across the board. She's knowledgeable about, not just the martial arts, but a wide plethoria of subjects, and this is a true gift.

She's kind, she's funny, she's "to-the-point", she's helpful, she's patient, she's all that and a bag of chips, she's the moderator of moderators, and hopefully one day I can personally say to her..."Thank you!"

Everything that Patrick has said about Heidi aren't just idle words. Patrick is right in praising Heidi for she's worthy of it.

THANK YOU HEIDI. OSU!

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow-has it really been 5 years? (!!!!!!!!) Funny how things just kinda fall into place...Laurie is the one who brought me to KF and set about the events that eventually led to my becoming a Sensei-I owe both her and Patrick a lot! It has been my pleasure to be a part of this great community...I hope the party continues for another 5 at least!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!!!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

My pleasure, Heidi.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Heidi, 5 years! You do an awesome job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: