Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

*Practice is the key* ^_^
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: No style

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rivalry too am 15 hes 15 just two weeks older my techniqu and his are equal when we spar is quite spetacular most student watch us when we fight, but I just just win it, 3 months later he has a new block which the other hands he use it to block his face and the other to block his lower body it is much harder to penatred through his defence, and when i give him a good weighted kick he grab my leg and unbalanced me and use a spinning back kick counter attacks and everything...but guess what my techniq is far better now and I beat him yesterday without jogging around like mad like I alwasy do.
That one is myself just have been turn down....

ITSUKO
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely feel some tension between this lady and me at my dojo. She had 3 years Shotokan experienced before taking Shitoryu. She started 6 months before me. I heard she was so good that she skipped her orange belt test and went directly to blue. So when I started, she was blue and i was white. After two years, I am at the same level as her. I know much more katas and spar better than her. She went to one competition, got defeated, and quit going. On the other hand, I go to competitions locally, nationally, and internationally and bring metals home everytime. But i have to admit, if I am against her in kata. She will win over me. Her kata is very strong and powerful. I have the quantity in katawise but she has the quality over me. I have nothing against her but I always feel this tension between us. And we somewhat are not on the speaking term.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: