Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Topic
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: The best adive you willl ever get... Reply with quote

Most of you guys in here are physically fit and can fight good but not many are mind thinkers, i want to point out some things you should look at when youre fighting your oponent. I also what you guys to giove me some tips if i leave anything out.

1. Fight the oponent from all angles - dont just fight him straight on, after he throws his jab go around his blind side and catch him wiht a round kick right to the body, hope u guys know what i mean.

2. study you oponent - watch what technique he does more often, see what techniques hes not good at. After you see what techniques he will do most often/or is best at, DO NOT give him a chance to do thse techniques, frusetrate him, you ahve to fight a style that hes not good at. When you realize the mitakes hwe makes maybe twice in the fight, spot the mistake again and catch him off guard. For example...lets say everytime he throwas a roundkick he throws his arms all over the place, ( u know what im talking about, we all do this, for that extra power) catch him the next time he does the roundhouse kick ang go in there wiht punches, kicks whatever.

3. Pick out a technique youre good at - i have a good side kicks, so when im fighting i like to warn my oponent right off the bat, i let him come in and bang i nail him wiht a side kick right to the torso, now i know hes thinkgin more and saying to himself " damn this guys got a godo kick, i cant go in there liek that" i just took care of the problem of him being offensive, now i can be more agressive on him. Of course dont use the same technique always.

4. set him up - we all hear this...go in there wiht low round kicks to the leg at first and suddenly pick up tha round kick to the head, itll catch him off guard, u guys probably know thi sallready.

This is some of the stuff i keep in mind whenfighting, there are a milion other things, so i want to hear your suggestions now...

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all very good tips, i would like to add some also. ( i will try to be brief)

1. Lure or pressure your opponent to your best techniques.

2. Cause him problems all the time, e.g retreat and when he moves in jam him.

3. Dominate By: hitting hard, using maximum speed, keeping busy.

4. Use variety to stop your opponent from reading you.

5. Always think.

6. Use combos, not single blows.

7. Set the pace.

8. Don't repeat mistakes.

9. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

These things can apply to both the ring and the street.

But fights on the street are usually very quick and you dont have much time to think so the best tip is:

Think Offense: hit your attacker with everything you have got has quickly as possible, dont give them any time to attack. Then escape.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-don't strike in a set rhythm or pattern
-control the distance to make him fight your fight
-remember your footwork
-use punches to set up your roundhouse kicks. the roundhouse is pulled of more effectively when your opponent is on the defensive.
-keep your head moving - this aids in breaking his rhythm

Thuggish
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: kung fu, muay thai, wrestling,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is all great stuff... i think ill make a checklist out of it and see what im doing and what im not.

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the purpose of fighting with your mind because while your thinking during a fight your gonna get sock right in the mouth.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sano wrote:
whats the purpose of fighting with your mind because while your thinking during a fight your gonna get sock right in the mouth.

I would suggest you get some experience in real fighting of realistic sparring. It would help you understand what happens in a fight.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe, but you will get "sock right in the mouth" alot more if you charge in and dont use your BRAIN.

Topic
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are great tips guys. keep them coming

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what sano is trying to say -he's just putting it wrong. He doesn't mean don't think - he means don't anticipate...anticipating may get you hit if you anticipate a cross, for example, and he throws a hook.

sano
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: shidokan karate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SevenStar wrote:
I understand what sano is trying to say -he's just putting it wrong. He doesn't mean don't think - he means don't anticipate...anticipating may get you hit if you anticipate a cross, for example, and he throws a hook.

thank you thank you thank you. somebody for once understands me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: