Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther unleashed wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
Luther unleashed wrote:
Not sure I understand the basis for the original post?

The basis? Fair enough!!

The MA, and all that it represents, can do without all of the pageantry that exists nowadays. Somewhere, in all of that pageantry, teaching has to rear up its nervous head, and make itself accountable.

Until the teaching element finally does make itself accountable, the pageantry, in the hopes that it can cleverly disguise itself, will take center stage. On that center stage, teaching has taken the backseat, in which the necessary is lost in the unnecessary.

The summation of "why" is to the summation of "because"!!

But, the way you say it makes it sound as if all those who practice traditional aspects are hiding behind them and using them because of a negative intent rather then some believing they are practicing icing ways of not only being respectful, but also maintaining a particular structure.

I do understand for some this is true but surly not all!

As sure as I'm sitting here, typing this post, no, not all hide behind the pageantry; this I willingly surrender to that hypothesis. Albeit, I fear that the number of those who depend on the pageantry are growing in leaps and bounds; self is more important than the knowledge and experience.

Imho!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: