Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any sort of equpiment and there dojo that measures the preasure of the punches/kicks ect? I heard of some guy bragging that when he hits he hits with 786 psi(pouns per square i), and that's crazy. I was just wondering.

Ashura
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stole a name for my reverse punch I named it "DEMON GOD FIST!!"

magikchiongson
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kun Tao, Silat, Ba Gua, Tae Kweer Do

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so has anybody here actually used their Reverse Punch in a real fight?

And what do you guys do to train it? Just hit bags and stuff?

I reverse donkey punched my Gf the other night, she got owned.

mikelw
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shito-Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyaku zuki OWNZ~!!!!! Yeah its easily my best move, and i've put people down with a reverse punch to the solar plexus or sternum. but ya reverse punch is great IMO.

by the way my belt color is green~!

mikelw
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, the old karate masters would strike with about 750 kg/cm2 which is way more than ur little pal.

mikelw
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give advice about what you don't understand. Certain styles teach slightly different techniques and stances. You don't need to be in a low stance to throw a hard reverse punch.

This is to Shotochem by the way, the bluebelt who is critiquing a stance he probably learned a couple weeks ago.

By the way i'm a 4th kyu greenbelt in shito ryu. How do i get it to show that i'm a greenbelt (i'm new to this forum)

shotochem
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Kempo, BJJ, Baby-Do-Jitsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give advice about what you don't understand. Certain styles teach slightly different techniques and stances. You don't need to be in a low stance to throw a hard reverse punch.

This is to Shotochem by the way, the bluebelt who is critiquing a stance he probably learned a couple weeks ago.

I was merely critiqueing by shotokan standards. The stance was poor by Shotokan standards and practices. You do not have to be insulting.

I personally dont care about rank, it is irrelevant.......

magikchiongson
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kun Tao, Silat, Ba Gua, Tae Kweer Do

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I put somebody down with a reverse punch to the solar plexus and the sternum" was he like standing still and you surprised him? I just don't see anybody getting owned by a reverse punch.

jmy77
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: White Tiger Kempo Karate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look closely at the picture. (The stance and punch are similar to a thrust punch from a half moon stance in the kenpo I am learning.)

The power is generated from torque originated in the hips, so in essence you throwing the strike with your whole body into it. This can be devastating. As far as using it in a situation - you could make your first strike b/c most people make the mistake of looking you in the eyes and therefore will not see it until to late. If your opponent is a skilled fighter you would use with in a combination of strikes, say after a palm to the face.

One problem I see with the stance is the non striking hand is down. Is this because the strike is thrown after a low block? We are taught to always keep you head/throat guarded when striking, so my non-striking arm would be up.

Just my 2 cents.
"If you have to step on someone else to stand tall, then you truely are a small person." - ?

Beer-monster
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Karate/Ju-jitsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyaku Tsuki. Probably the most powerful and applicable technique in Karate. The big guns. Unfortunately it is easy to learn yet bloody difficult to master.

In street application. Guage your distance with your fence and then when mr joe skinhead throws his wild western, step diagonally backwards, (more side than back), check punch with free hand and then fire it out to the face with full pivot of hips, feet and shoulders. So simple and fast it is hard for anyone untrained (and most likely * to start a fight) to see coming.

Target determines hand form, if cheek or chin use open palm heel, if jaw line or nose use fist, if eyes use ippon ken. Shouldnt change the punch, it just a different arrow head.

But back to the difficult to master point. What's your opinions as to how to train the perfect reverse punch. Anyone use candle training? Ihear it works wonders but never tried it. Also what does everyone think of using the Gyaku Tsuki to the head, I personally modified it slightly with aspects from the boxing cross? Anyone got a different opinion
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: