Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

norse_dragon
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Three-section-staff general cord durability? Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering, is there an average lifespan for corded connections for sansetsukon?
How long do cords usually last with regular practice, does anyone know?

You, see I just ordered one with 60cm handles, cording, red oak, and varnish and intend to practice with it 3 times per every other or 2 weeks.

I intend to use them for a heavier weapons workout on weightlifting days, in place of my nunchakus. Like heavy 'chucks', so to speak, and perhaps more substance than just weight.

Why I chose cords instead of chains, as I've read that cords require more control- therefor they are bound to reinforce better form and coordination.
If I understand correctly?

Not to knock chains, of course. Heck, perhaps with my style of training, I'll be glad my nunchakus have a chain for those days I'd like to cut loose on between lifting days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Weapons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: