Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

XtremeTrainer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Torso Bob- Getting Just The Top Part Reply with quote

The Torso Bob dummy, its basically a torso shaped punching bag that's on a water filled stand. Anyway, I've gone through a bunch of them. After awhile, with regular use, the top part, the part that you strike, eventually gets worn out and can no longer be used but the base is still good. I was wondering if you could buy just the top part to replace since it will go way before the base will.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Century sells them and all other wavemaster parts individually. When I bought my BOB XL I called and asked if they sold just the tops to other wavemaster bags in case I wanted to interchange different ones. They’re not on the website individually, but they are sold by them. They’re not cheap though. Cheaper than buying the pad and base, but not much cheaper. Buying just the top would save a good amount on shipping if on a whole new setup shipping isn’t free, so I guess the savings are a bit more in the long run.

I can’t remember the exact price, but I remember it making me think it wasn’t really worth buying another top just to interchange them.

Which BOB torso have you been using, and how does it wear out? One reason I bought the BOB XL is because it has the closed back instead of the open back of the standard BOB. I’ve seen quite a few of the standard BOBs rip on the back where the screws go through it to attach to the shaft. The BOB XL doesn’t have that issue as far as I know; the rubber torso goes all the way around.

XtremeTrainer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR 137 wrote:
Century sells them and all other wavemaster parts individually. When I bought my BOB XL I called and asked if they sold just the tops to other wavemaster bags in case I wanted to interchange different ones. They’re not on the website individually, but they are sold by them. They’re not cheap though. Cheaper than buying the pad and base, but not much cheaper. Buying just the top would save a good amount on shipping if on a whole new setup shipping isn’t free, so I guess the savings are a bit more in the long run.

I can’t remember the exact price, but I remember it making me think it wasn’t really worth buying another top just to interchange them.

Which BOB torso have you been using, and how does it wear out? One reason I bought the BOB XL is because it has the closed back instead of the open back of the standard BOB. I’ve seen quite a few of the standard BOBs rip on the back where the screws go through it to attach to the shaft. The BOB XL doesn’t have that issue as far as I know; the rubber torso goes all the way around.

As you point out, its in the back where BOB is attached to the stand with the screws where it rips. That's what's happened with previous BOBs of mine over time. A main reason I want to only get the top part is not only to perhaps save some money but also because I don't want an extra bottom part which I don't need and which takes up lots of space. You mention the BOB XL which has a closed back, I will look into that the next time I purchase a BOB.

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XtremeTrainer wrote:
JR 137 wrote:

As you point out, its in the back where BOB is attached to the stand with the screws where it rips. That's what's happened with previous BOBs of mine over time. A main reason I want to only get the top part is not only to perhaps save some money but also because I don't want an extra bottom part which I don't need and which takes up lots of space. You mention the BOB XL which has a closed back, I will look into that the next time I purchase a BOB.

I’ve never seen a BOB XL in stores, only the standard BOB. This video shows the back of the BOB XL so you can see the difference

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b39zurFFrXA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: