Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shudokan Karate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Two questions. Reply with quote

Is being able to break those boards and bricks really important in karate? And will the average karater instuctor teach it?
I heard somewhere that once you reach a certain expirence level in a martial art your force to register yourself as a deadly weapon. Is this true?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking is not a critical part of karate. Many traditional karate schools do not break.

No, the deadly weapon thing is just one of those old stories.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright just checking. I actually was kind of looking forward to learning how to break those boards, just because I want to learn how to have very powerful strikes. The deadly weapon thing I'm glad is not true, because things happen and being charged with assult with a deadly weapon woudl suck.

AndrewGreen
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Crazy Penguin Ninjitsu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to break things is not neccessary for powerful strikes. It is a demonstration trick, not a useful skill. Boxers don't break (except noses..)things, that doesn't mean they can't hit hard.

Andrew Green
http://innovativema.ca - All the top martial arts news!

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how do you strengthen your pucnhes, cause right now my hits are pretty weak. And slow, it took .32 seconds to pucnh and pull it back in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it depends on style. Its a nice way to judge power but any joe on the street can break no big deal.

And the FBI don't really care they got Saddam and UBL to worry about.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning how to punch takes time like anything else. You need to learn the proper mechanics of a basic punch. Plus you need to build up to it. You can develop your punching power by understand body mechanics and alignment. There's hip rotation/torso rotation, extending/but not locking out your punch, making sure your head, shoulders, and torso are aligned with your hips. You can work your punch on a heavy bag or makiwara board. These are just a few ways to develop a good punch. Be patient, the more you practice, the quicker and stronger you'll become.

BKJ1216
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Well i really need a punching bag, or something free that I can practice on.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: