Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

UFC 60?
Gracie
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Hughes
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 30

BLueDevil
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: American Kempo, Hung Gar, BJJ, muay Thai, just began Ryu Te

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im picking Gracie on this one, He has been teaching BJJ for years before Matt even heard about UFC so im gonna have to go with experience in this fight because ability is something both fighters have. I just think Matt has shown to be submitted easily a few times, I think he would want to GnP Gracie but Ken Shamrock put him through more than 30 mins of punishment and Gracie never gave up due to strikes. He has also only lost a few times and none of which where in the UFC...

I guess we'll see! Good luck to both

BLueDevil
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: American Kempo, Hung Gar, BJJ, muay Thai, just began Ryu Te

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last thing, I think alot of people are forgetting the Gracies have been doing Vale Tudo fights long before th UFC was around

jairic
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of respect for the Gracie's, but Matt Hughes is amazing, and I think that he will end up winning, as long as he is smart enough to keep it standing, IMO. I've seen the same sentiment on here already, and agree whole heartedly.
Jake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Son Goku the monkeyking
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Tan tui kung-fu

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think hughes will win becasuse gracia has not faought in a long time and he will have naturally got rusty, and Hughes has faught more people, more recently so he will also have more recent exprience to gracia, plus his millitech fighting system is more mixture than gracias, families Brazillian Ju-Jutsu. i am rootin 4 hughes all the waY own this one.

PEACE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

freebird534
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: kajukenbo, praying mantis kung fu

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie is going to loose. gracie is good at ju jitsu and all that, but times have changed, and know everyone knows standup and ground fighting. Hughes is prolly gonna get a ko on him or a rear naked choke. on the ufc59, i like tito and forrest, but i think that was bull. i think forrest threw tito a good beating, but eh, theres not much you can do about it.

topdawg
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: shotokan karate, kito ryu jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hughes may get a ko but there is no way he's getting the rnc

ShotokanKid
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shotokan Karate, Judo, FMA/Inosanto Kali

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Gracie to win, but I think Matt Hughes has a better chance. He's younger and has a better record. Hard to say. Gracie has got the size advantage.
We'll see.

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

NeoMstrSgt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son Goku the monkeyking wrote:
i think hughes will win becasuse gracia has not faought in a long time and he will have naturally got rusty, and Hughes has faught more people, more recently so he will also have more recent exprience to gracia, plus his millitech fighting system is more mixture than gracias, families Brazillian Ju-Jutsu. i am rootin 4 hughes all the waY own this one.

PEACE

Sorry, but you are mistaken Royce Gracie has been fighting consistently, since before the UFC, he just hasn't always fought in America. From my understanding he has been fighting in Japan for nearly a decade. And never count out skill, or pure dumb luck for that matter.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what a beautiful fight it was. Complete dominance by matt hughes. Gracie did show how tough he was, he had a poker face the whole time he was in the arm bar. I also noticed that even though he was being placed in the arm bar he was working on trying to get in the full guard while only in the half guard at the time....apparently the pain was not an issue, great show of will power on his part. Hats off to matt hughes, that was very impressive, a fight he will not quickly forget, nor will any competitors and martial artists around the world for quite some time.

Sohan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorin Ryu Karate-Do, Muay Thai, Shudokan Karate-Do, Boxing, BJJ, Hung Gar Gung Fu

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gracie's age was certainly an issue, but it is obvious that the rest of the world has caught up with him. Hughes could certainly have beaten Royce up much worse than he did, but he showed a great amount of respect for his opponent in getting the job done quickly and efficiently. Youth, strength, and a more well-rounded skill set were what won this fight.

In the post-fight comments, he made it clear that Royce shouldn't have taken the fight. I was surprised to hear Royce not rule out a return to the octagon, which I think would be a mistake. He should retire now, and not tarnish his legacy with a string of embarrassing losses like he received last night.

BTW, the fight is available on youtube.com for anyone who cares to view it.

With respect,

Sohan

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: