Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Icetuete
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: ITF Taekwondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, good point... but if i'd switch to the other dojo, i probably show that i wanna learn their way.
besides, i of course would buy a new dobok if the instructors wishes me to do so or if he'd be insulted by me wearing the dobok and the signs of another dojang. apart from the dobok, i anyway respect the instructors, no matter what i am wearing, outside the dojo for instance.

Sens55
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: MKD TKD & AJJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that's not an issue for us. Our instructor doesn't care. As long at the dobuk/gi fits and is clean, he doesn't care. In fact, he bought the school from another instructor who couldn't make it go. There are shelves full of dobuks and he loans them to new students when they come in to see if they like it. If they do, and they stick with it they can keep it or order another one, and it can be a gi or a dobuk. Of course, these dobuks have the name of the FORMER school on them. Our classes are quite colorful. We have some that wear just the traditional Korean dobuks in white with black V neck, others wear black ones, some wear gis that are black, white, red, blue or gold (yes GOLD) and sometimes a combination of the above (i.e. black top, white bottoms). Some also wear Hapkido gi tops in varying colors.

His attitude is, the name on the back doesn't matter in our dojang, it's only when we go to tournaments. Otherwise, wear what works. He actually claims that's part of the "Moo Duk Kwan" tradition. He normally wears the super heavy canvas black gi, even in the summer.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: