Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Hyper-extended my elbow using a jab but only once, it is painful.

Focused today on my jab, as this topic has expanded my oppion and appreciation for them.

Being a Friday and all with an intense week of training, it was nice for a change exploring the jab with all its vatiations and application.

Shadow boxing, heavy bag and hanging a thin thera band with a knot tied to one end, to move around and snap jabs at from different levels and angles.

I liked the jab practice session, as having the time to work on correcting flared elbows and keeping the rear hand up to guard the chin.

With these two mistakes or aspects seem to start appearing and popping up that need constant correcting.

As with boxing there are many aspects to keep aware of, if not the defence and offensive will start to crumble under pressure.

Boxing being very simple on paper there are many habits to become ingrained towards becoming an effective fighter, jabbing is just one of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: