Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Trailer_Ape
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Funky and Fresh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RW wrote:
singularity6 wrote:
Trailer_Ape wrote:
OneKickWonder wrote:
Spartacus Maximus wrote:

Here ya go -

I had a friend that raised fighting birds. I didn't realize the differences between dogs and birds. For example - a champion fighting dog is studded out whereas a champion bird is not. The reason is they want to horde that bloodline. Contrary to popular belief, dog fights normally end in submission not death. Cock fights, on the other hand, almost always end in death. So they don't want to put their champion bird up against a bird from the same super effective bloodline.

I do not support animal bloodsports, so knew very little about this. He asked if I wanted to see the difference between a $200 and $800 bird. The larger one being the cheaper of the two. He put "boxing gloves" (shields their talons) on both and turned them loose. The cheaper (bigger) bird came in really aggressive, attacking str8 on with both feet. The high dollar bird swooped down (chest almost brushing the ground, wings pointing behind it) and went under the legs of the other. It then immediately threw a back kick (never turned around, both birds still back to back) and struck the cheaper bird in the back of the head. He separated em right there and explained - had they been wearing weapons, he would have just killed the other ones.

So yea, I have seen animals exhibit impressive technique.

Your friend is a sick individual.

Yes. Plus I am pretty sure that stuff is illegal

Actually no, it isn't. There are three states where cock fighting is legal (or was, at that time). Other states were allowed to raise game birds for export to those three states.

I already said that I have never agreed with animal blood sports. In fact, I bred and sold American Pitbull Terriers and one of my conditions was that they were not used for fighting.

I will say this, tho (and it kinda applies to our original topic of "meant for") - I have seen evidence, when raising dogs from "game" bloodlines, that some dogs naturally WANT to fight. I had one, raised from 8 weeks, properly socialized, everything. She was great with humans, wonderful family pet, but was happiest when she was fighting. No matter what I did to try to change her nature, she LIVED to fight other dogs. I eventually had to get rid of her because of how difficult it was to constantly keep her separated from other dogs. She would dig under my fence, go down the street, then dig under the neighbors just to get at their dogs. It got me thinking about people who love to fight and what disallowing them to would mean. My friend said you will see that natural desire to fight, in birds even more than in dogs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: