Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - but if my instructor got on a power trip like that with me, I'd walk out too. I mean please, get over yourself - this isn't the frickin' army. Sure, I can understand having to do push-ups or sit-ups for not responding or for being too slow to line up for class etc. but for trying to explain - ? That's just stupid.

Lori

-Unknown-

[ This Message was edited by: Kickbutt on 2001-08-29 09:43 ]

three60roundhouse
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i disagree with everyone. he can do whatever he wants. if she doesn't like it, she can take a walk. martial arts is not like a diet or tae bo, you can't give yourself slack. tkd is one of the least disciplined arts...why didn't she just do the situps or whatever instead of talking back... when she opens her own dojang or gets to instructor status, she can talk and do that to untidy students. you know what that instructor was thinking?

the chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

if he likes a tidy and neat dobok and respect for him in the dojang, give it to him.

tekkenchaos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always said: tae kwon do is the way of hand and foot; not the way of over excessive punishment. And that's all i have to say about that. :karate:

[ This Message was edited by: tekkenchaos on 2002-01-12 09:53 ]

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that you sensei would do that to a person.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes when you are at your physical limit things look different than at other times.

So what was the ultimate outcome? Have you seen the lady in question since then?

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was testing her just like Marines do...

She gave in and quit. If she couldn't put up with the low level strains then she would not have lasted long in the high levels.

Some Instructors have power complexes tho... They are forced to train anyone who walks in so they are limited.

Hwa-rang
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your instructor is as nice as you say he is then its posible that he was testing her dedication or comitment.
then again i wasnt there so i cant make an informed decision or comment on what the instuctor should or shouldnt have done.
But what is this were not marines were martial artists crap, theres nothing wrong with doing extra exersise be it push ups or running the harder and the more we train the better we become.
walking out during trainning or making up excuses is just a lazy undedicated weak way of thinking.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all i want to say that what your teacher did was just wrong. Emma was right to walk out but she may have done something else had she not been so tired.

Phantasmatic
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu, Shorei-Ryu, Shuri-Ryu, Kobudo, Judo, Shin-Kage Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, deep story,

I would not have walked out, but i have different feelings toward an act like that from an instructor. They can tell me what to do. I might not like it but it is what they said. The most drastic thing I would do would be to just not come to class for a while.....IMHO.

Ryukyu1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the instructor should have brought the student to bare like that infront of the class. He should be respectful of his students if he wants the same respect back, quite frankly if he was embarrassed by her walking out well tough! He asked her the question she answered and he basically made her out to be a liar in front of the class Who is to say her uniform did not get a little wrinkled during the class..it does happen.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: