Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is all about terrorism in the practical sense and the person who did this must be punished but from a philosophical point of view.........this all comes down to hatred.....how can people hate eachother so much to use planes as missiles towards innocent people?

we have just got to stop hating eachother in this world. we are all created equally. it doesnt matter if you are black, white, brown, orange green blue whatever..........your blood is red like mine and thats all that matters

we need to respect eachother as human beings........i watch the news on tv and i see everyone in the world just shooting eachother!
i just cant figure out why these people just cannot drop their weopens and stop fighting.......if you hate somebody that much just leave eachother alone

there are few people i know at school and at work that i dont like and sometimes i feel like punching them out but the meer fact that i dont like them wouldnt justify the fact that i hit them. the same goes with picking up a gun and killing somebody cuz of their religion

i just needed to get this off my chest

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on cnn.com a quote from a man who was walking on a road away from the airport that was bombed in Kabul...he said "I was afraid that it was the United States retaliating for the terrorism inflicted - and then I thought who cares? My life isn't worth living anyways". Maybe that can shine some light on how people can learn to hate. This is not any kind of excuse - there is NO excuse for the attacks yesterday - I'm just trying to put into perspective how people living under horrific circumstances can learn to hate so easily others who have it better than they do. We are fortunate enough to live in a democratic society where we enjoy much freedom. The man who I just quoted is a senior who wakes up every day before dawn and walks looking for work... Desperate circumstances breed desperate people, so if there is to be any equality, it has to be on a global level - if that's even possible... I hope this finds you all doing well - I'm personally still shaken from yesterday's events and am constantly thinking about the people who lost their lives. I'm so sorry for their families and I hope they find these *******s and bring them to justice.

Lori

Aikidoka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tomiki Aikido

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like to put in an important (IMO) point ... at the place I am doing my work experience people are pretty right-wing, and are talking about 'carpet bombing' the countries where the 'rag-head' terroirists come from. But this is just another form of hatred and as dangerous as any other kind. Justice yes, vengeance no.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im afraid in this case justice can only be gained in annhilation of terrorist and those who support and harbor these ****ing cowards...

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way I see it is, the generations to come from either side will grow up with hatred for the opposite side.This is what I fear.In the future we will have so much more advanced military capabilities.It wouldn't be the best time to hold grudges.

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

BlueDragon
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moobrack made a good point. In the futur we could all be much stronger and deadlier then today. I say wipe them out and reastablish them as colonies. I don't want to sound racist but the peoples of the world have had thier chance at self goverment and it hasn't worked. They need an all powerful ruling nation to keep them from killing each other.

Besides it will all be an American world soon enough. The general concensus up here is were all going to see Canada's absorbtion or union into the United States by the end of our lives.

All I ask is that you change your money. Everything is so green. For the love of god add some colour. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: BlueDragon on 2001-09-13 13:42 ]

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that motion! However our money looks like Monopoly money! Hahaha!!!

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look really close to the new money there are threads of red, white, and blue....however you may need a magnifying glass.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Aikidoka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tomiki Aikido

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I say wipe them out and reastablish them as colonies. I don't want to sound racist but the peoples of the world have had thier chance at self goverment and it hasn't worked. They need an all powerful ruling nation to keep them from killing each other.

You scare me man. You're talking dictatorship. Can't you see how close that is to the Nazi's? If you think that it's ok to take away the freedoms of a nation that has been f***ed up for the most part by the West, esp. the US, because you think you can do a better job, then you need to start doing some serious thinking.

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please elaborate on how the west (esp. the U.S.) has messed up and removed freedoms from other countries???

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-09-14 10:25 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: