Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Hwa-rang
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree i have two 1st dan instructors but our overall master is an 8th dan world master i was talking about lowere ranked owners i dont feel that they have enough experience to run a good martial arts school dont get me wrong i know theres plenty of 1st & 2nd dan black belts who are very highly skilled but i think it would be better to stay and train with you oringnal masterinstructor etc

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-22 10:39, TKD_McGee wrote:
Qualified ha, I could go to wal-mart and buy a 3rd Degree Black Belt.. then I could go on my computer and print up a certificate showing that ima massa.

Whoa there partner, which Wal-Mart would that be? Do they have Tokaido, Shureido, or Juka's??? What a discount I could get!!!

Cory Reynolds
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with 360 and Bon on this one. I have total respect for anyone who has put in the time and energy to earn any belt rank. But just because they have a dozen'th degree black belt doesn't automatically make them better than a first or second degree. And none of this has anything to do with teaching ability either.

My own instructor is a 1st degree black belt. He's been a 1st degree for close to 20 years. He's had the chance to test for 2nd degree many years ago but could really care less. Not because he doesn't want to progress, but because he realizes that just because you stop earning higher belts doesn't mean that you have to stop learning. And he doesn't care about what you think about him when you see his 1st degree black belt. I'm testing for my 2nd degree this spring and that means that I'll "technically" be a higher rank then him. But that's because it's a goal that I wish to accomplish. But I know that my instructor will still be, and probably always will be much better than me because he refuses to stop learning.

Some of you might recall hearing about the days when belts were worn to hold your jacket (gi) in place instead of being used as a sign of rank.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know plenty of people who are 1st or second dan who are far better instructors then people claiming to be 5th...6th ..7th degree...teaching is a quality in the individual..not just based on rank....this is something that you have or you dont..the fact that you are good at something or even accomplished..does not automatically make you an instructor..too many people out there who couldnt teach you how to cross a street properly much less give instruction on martial arts...

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They think that they are the best, and its just not true. The reason this happens is that they dont face or haven't met any other stronger people.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: