Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

gunit
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Yi Jin Jing Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with Yi Jin Jing (Sinew Metamorphosis)? I would like to hear some personal experiences. After every time I practice, I feel refreshed and happy. My arms feel much heavier. In Standing meditation, I sway with qi current and it is invigorating and refreshing. In taijiquan practice, I can feel my qi flowing easily. My punches feel a lot more powerful and faster. Well, that's my experience! Hope to hear yours soon!

Drunken Monkey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: white chocolate profiteroles and natas....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well after all, the book is about keeping a healthy body, so why not feel better after practising the forms described?

but well, i'm not a firm believer in chi so my thoughts on that are best left unsaid...

y'know, it never occured to me to actually go and look for a copy of that book.
i always thought it was legendary (one of two books given to the shaolin by da-mo).

time for research i think.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

gunit
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from the ground up,

Thank you for your reply . If you experience what I experienced just once, all your doubts will disappear about chi. It's sort of like saying that you absolutely do not believe that an apple is sweet. When you taste it once, you'll know.

gunit
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yi Jin Jing, like all qigong exercises, require the practitioner to be as supple and relaxed (mentally and physically) as possible. A failure to do so would lead to internal injury and the vomiting of blood from the chest. Most beginners make the mistake of tensing even though they THINK they are relaxed. That's why it's important to learn from a competent instructor or master and not from books or videos.

Fa-Jing
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Hsing Yi , Ba Kua , Wing Chun, Iron Palm,Monkey, Ect...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: The Tendons are what carrys the power. Reply with quote

The Tendons are what carrys the power. This is overlooked by most , you must strengthen tendons to be effective. I do exercises that do just that .
week tendons and big muscle is a sure way to get hurt. They can take more time to heal than a broken bone.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: