Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Thank you, Zaine. That means a lot. It's great to see your contributions again.

Yes, I agree with Brian...it's great to see your contributions again, Zaine!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want anyone's approval, but I'd appreciate support without having to fit into their expectations first, and if I don't fit into their expectations as they want, then to that person, I'M NOT ENOUGH!!

The very end of that quote is where people feed those around them that no matter what one does, it's NOT ENOUGH!! NO!! I'M ENOUGH!! Not because someone said so, but because I SAID SO!! I'm not on this planet to please anyone, especially everyone, so my trying to please some of the people in any capacity to feed their ego is not healthy. I'M ENOUGH!!

I walked in a dojo, and that's NOT ENOUGH!?! I still continue to walk into a dojo, and that's NOT ENOUGH!?! I train in a dojo, but because I've hit a plateau, everything before I hit that plateau, I'm NOT ENOUGH!?! I'm just a student, and that's NOT ENOUGH!?!

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow I'M ENOUGH!! Before I decided to train in the MA, I'M ENOUGH!! When, and if, I ever stop training in the MA, I'M ENOUGH!! No matter the results of any Testing Cycle, I'M ENOUGH!! If I decide to not attend a Testing Cycle, I'M ENOUGH!!

I'm a Senior Dan practitioner of the MA, guess what, I'M ENOUGH without it. I can't sing, but I'M ENOUGH!! I'm not a doctor, but I'M ENOUGH!! I can't draw, but I'M ENOUGH!! I'm not a CEO, but I'M ENOUGH!! I'm not a lot of things, but I'm ENOUGH!!

All I can do is my best, and if my best isn't the best, well, I'M STILL ENOUGH!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: