Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of threads on youth and weightlifting in the H&F forum.... look thru.
Conscensus is " for lifting at your age.... just have someone who is knowledgeable, first show you proper form and not to get too carried away with the amount of weight you begin lifting.

You did mention the dumb bells so I mentioned routines to involve them, solely.
Yes, push ups are also great for the pecs.... (did wonders for mine j/k!) also lots of threads on push ups and the variety of types you can do (do a search).

Radok
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Okinawan Shorin-ryu Karate-do

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bench then do bench press for your pecs. How much do you bench? it seems to increase your pec size alot if you can bench alot. I'm trying to do 200 when im 15.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Named the "Dipping" Exercise by Charles Atlas he claims if performed steadily and faithfully every day, without fail, it can add at least an inch to your chest in THE FIRST 10 DAYS!

Perform the movements of this exercise, if possible, in front of a large mirror.... regularly morning and night. Try to do at least 50 a day, in groups of 5 or 10. If you cannot do this amount, DO NOT STRAIN. Do as many as you can and try to build up to doing 50 a day.

Step 1.
Place two plain chairs facing each other, front to front, about 18 inches apart.
Step 2.
Rest a hand on the seat of each chair, starting with arms straight, and your body extended in a sloping position, toes on the floor.

Step 3.
Come up slowly until your arms are straight. Bend the elbows as you go down (between chairs) and bring the arms straight as you come up. Breathe out as you come up, breathe in as you go down.

Step 4.
Keeping body rigid, but bending your elbows, dip down as low as you can between the chairs, letting your chest down as near as possible to the floor.

Step 5.
Continue until slightly tired, then start again. This exercise should be practiced faithfully morning and night.

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow an inch in 10 days!! thats pretty good. ill do them and see what happens. thanks kickchick.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ... yeah you can be our guinea pig LeaF .... try it and see if it works!
Remember, before & after measurements!
I'm not saying it will work ... but give it a shot!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: