Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Hi, this is to 6th kyu kyu to 1st dan. Reply with quote

How many average citizen (same height, age, etc) can you defend against hand to hand attackers, am a 7th kyu I can defend myself against one person as me, I can deliverd a davastaing blows nose bleeds etc.

If it really happens they probabely going to punch me head lock so I'll grab their neck and use my kness on their face rapidly to get out and do a judo throw and a hard knukels fully extend punch to the face and nose after that I'll land a death kick with a muay thai elbow strike, if I'had enough space,

Am a senior at my school a big bully did a kick so i'd show him a proper one to the neck, he was about to felt I'll grab his head swinging him across rooms to rooms doors to walls while doing a knee strike, got excluded becuse he use to bully me 3 years ago.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hi, this is to 6th kyu kyu to 1st dan. Reply with quote

Natural wrote:
How many average citizen (same height, age, etc) can you defend against hand to hand attackers,

I don't know how many 'average citizens' I can defend myself against. Thankfully, I've never been in a position where I've had to ever use self defence (well, not since I stopped getting into 'fights' at school ). I would hope that my years of dojo training would help if I ever needed to use Martial Arts in a real street situation. I can hold my own pretty well against the big guys at my dojo (I'm only 5'2"), so that's gotta count for something, but really, you only find out how good your self defence skills are when you have to use them for real and by that point it is too late to make them any better :-/

Sheffield Steelers!

Tal
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: shotokan karate, jujitsu, kendo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi, this is to 6th kyu kyu to 1st dan. Reply with quote

Natural wrote:
How many average citizen (same height, age, etc) can you defend against hand to hand attackers,

I think I could take two or three untrained and inexperienced people of my own strength and build.

I was once in a fight with a friend, against two other guys about the same size as me. My friend got beat down pretty quickly, so I effectively had to fight both of them by myself. I got a broken nose, but they left me alone eventually.

I've also been in the unfortunate situation of having four people attacking me while I was on my own. They were about the same size of me, and they kicked my * in no time.

So, I'd say 2 to 3 'average' people is about all I can handle. The thing is, most people who pick fights aren't average people; they usually have some or a lot of street fighting experience. Even 3 'average' people, I think, would be pushing it. If you're being attacked from front and back simultaneously, its very difficult to defend yourself. Its not like in the movies when the baddies attack the hero one at a time.

Quote:

I can deliverd a davastaing blows nose bleeds etc.

Oh man! A nose bleed....truly devastating...

Quote:

If it really happens they probabely going to punch me head lock so I'll grab their neck and use my kness on their face rapidly to get out

If they put a half-decent head lock on you, you won't be able to knee them in the face unless you're very strong.

Quote:

after that I'll land a death kick

Death kick? Can you do fireballs as well?

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite sure I can talk my way out of most confrontations. Does that count?

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural,

I'm not trying to sound mean, but you either need:

1. To read more.

2. Have someone really kick the crap out of you and bring you down a notch.

You sound scrappy and as if you have a lot of strong emotion that helps you in your training. I like enthusiasm, and you sound a lot like I probably did at your rank.

But your world view is, at best, immature. Normal for high school, perhaps, but approaching every confrontation (real or imagined) in your sense will result in someone one day handing you the beating of your lifetime.

After resetting your nose, spitting out a few teeth and some blood, you may realize that are more socially acceptable routes to vent your aggression. Like hurling or rugby

Trust me.

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us consider rugby relaxing!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to respond, but I honestly couldn't make any sense out of the question ... so maybe we're unjustly ripping him a new one because we don't understand what he said?

Natural: could you rephrase the question?

Ripper
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone here saw too many cartoons!

Shorinryu Sensei
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shorinryu Matsumura Kenpo (Seito/Orthodox) Karate and Kobudo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most of you I'm sure, I've noticed that all of Naturals posts are written the same way. I'd guess either English isn't his native language, or more likely, he's quite young and hasn't learned proper sentence structure and spelling yet.

Can you tell I'm an ex-teacher? I was tempted to try to correct all of the mistakes and give him a "D"...but refrained.

Oh yeah...in regards to the thread subject, I've successfully defended myself against 3 attackers in a real fight. It wasn't as tough as you'd think because of how they came at me. It could have turned out totally opposite if they had their s**t together.

ESA-Shotokan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you can read this - THANK A TEACHER!

If you're reading it in English - THANK A SOLDIER!"

I like that, Shorinryu Sensei

As for beating up groups of people - can't say I am daft enough to get involved in such a situation to often. Whenever the matter has arisen, it is normally sufficient to hurt a couple to be rid of the gang.

Best defence is always to make a run for it
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: