Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

delta1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: It's ALL Kenpo! Bring it back to base!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the good technical advice you've gotten here, you have to committ- both mentally and physically. Mentally is the most important, since without it the physical isn't likely to occur. It is commitment, the intention to do a thing, that gives momentum, enhances form, and allows you to bring all the technical details together. Commitment is essential to overcomeing hesitation and aprehension, both of which will destroy any technique. Another, seperate aspect of commitment is that, if you do make a mistake, that attitude encourages you to correct yourself and do it better next time. It's an attitude that both helps you throw yourself into the task physically, and encourages determination to do it and improve on it.

Treebranch
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Budo Taijutsu, Boxing,Lars Wallin BJJ, Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kung Fu San Soo, Lima Lama, Taekwondo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rising Soldier if you are really interested in good rolling skills check out a Budo Taijutsu school. We roll before every class and there are so many directions you can roll in. Sometimes I'm amazed at how important rolls are and how they work into many of the techniques. You really need someone to show how to roll, there's no way of explaining that here. Good luck.

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

*Practice is the key* ^_^
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: No style

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do those probabely go to the Renzoken karate schools i heard they say they are the toughest am checking out next week.
That one is myself just have been turn down....

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember to keep your chin tucked in when rolling and try not to roll right over the top of your head - even when doing a forwards or backwards roll you want to try and roll over one or both shoulders. Your own body weight should take you forward wth the roll, it shouldn't feel forced. try not to roll too slowly, it can make the roll 'come apart'. Lots of momentum helps rolls to flow smoothly. Start by learning to roll from kneeling, then work up to standing rolls.
Practice on thick mats to start with - it will help to give you confidence in rolling. Getting injured when learning to roll isn't fun and can put you off doing rolls for good.
The best person to ask about how to roll would be your sensei or an experienced person from your school. They will be able to demonstrate and watch your technique.

Sheffield Steelers!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: