Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah you must not have really worked it.

I hate standing in nihanchi, so any amount of time is too long! But, since I'm a good guy I please the instructor by doing it anyway. When we're really working it, we stand in it for usually five to ten minutes while working techniques. We really don't use it for anything other than strength and endurance training.

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my dojo is kenshukai am an 7th kyu are sensei's lets us hold for a long time too, but I can hold for 4 minutes 6 minute max (Shake alot)

But I practice at home I done 15 minute have 10 second break evry 5 minute.

Kaiba dachi (Horese riding stance) I find it easy to hold, am a expert in sumo stance too.

Now am practicing to my leaning stances and long forwad stances physical trainning is good and relx is just as good to get your enegy together.

If you do the hous works watching tv playing sports just imagine yourself this is a karate trainning, am in my mid teens normally I can do 20 push ups proper but now its around 32 and incresing.

Am looking forward to go to my grade for my green belt it will be spectacular doing my smash and tear, I know empi,bassai dai, saifa, and taikyoku which now name as kihon.

kaiba dachi is painful but put the pain outside the window and imagine sitting in the toilet.
Horese riding stance is put your feet forward and sit down that is proper one knees forward.

It might look easy but to master it it very compicate only a handful people can do it.
If I done any mistakes i do 10-50 press ups great!!
I love them.

At home I do 6 hours + trainning 200 punches 300 blocks 10 minutes splits, hours warm ups, I find spare times to do these things.

if you can't go to lesson with a bad weather train at home and who knows you will become tommorrow champ.

At the grading 9thkyu-8thkyu do a sumo for about 30 seconds to a minute, 7thkyu-6thkyu do 1-4 minute It depends.

When we do satnces are sensei walking around without notice he push you over to make sure you are doing it correctly.

Its very funny though.

shotochem
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Kempo, BJJ, Baby-Do-Jitsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually go until someone breaks stance. It uasally takes awhile .
First one to break gets 50 Knuckle pushups!!!
Another variation is while in stance Sensei goes around with the shinai and whacks you in the thighs(only with the seniors) or throws in a kick or punch to see if he can break your stance.

Sometimes I would just rather get the 50......

amp
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Ryukyu Kempo/RyuTe Karate, Aikido

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that when I started my training I held it for over a half-hour, maybe even 45 minutes. I didn't have a clock facing me and I was not focusing on that at the time. Needless to say, I walked funny for a week.

italian_guy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Formerly in Goju ryu karate (Nidan) now in Wing chun with past experience also in krav Maga, Kickboxing, Tai chi chuan (yang) and JKD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started practicing ma pu (kung fu version of horse stance) while I'm on the phone at home. Either I will learn to hold the stance a lot or I will cut my phone bill. Both things are beneficial!!!!

Vash
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Isshinryu Karate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up to twenty minutes. Then I have to lay down for a while.

I'm sure, though, that once I heal up my chest and actually start training again, that time is going to drop back down.

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A proper horse riding (Real deep) stance even sensei's can't hold for over 9 minutes.

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what "proper" is for your style. Stances in Seibukan are not as long or low as the ones in Wado, which are not as long or low as the ones in Shoto, etc.... I have actually had a difficult time trying to not drop into an overly low posture.

Mink
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30-60minutes for shodan grading sometimes longer

Kumite988
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-Ryu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to an hour... Umm...I dunno...Uhh I'm doubtful. I hope you understand why.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: