Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Mink
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kumite988 wrote:
Up to an hour... Umm...I dunno...Uhh I'm doubtful. I hope you understand why.

Yeah 30 to 60 minutes not all make it that long but and one person in training for there black belt done it for 90 minutes at the traingi dojo. but most of the male Shodan gradings can hold it for 30-60 minutes. some just make the 30 minutes some go higher.

and no point did i say 60 minutes was the bench mark. by no means iam even doubtful of that! but beteen the 30-60 minute range can do it.

Kyu grades there is no time more of a game of whom can stay up the longest, when ever you decide to sit down they do push ups.

it has little to do with physical strengh rather your mental strenght on weather you can keep saying to your self one more minute and continue to push yourself onward rather then say "I CANT DO IT" it's all in the mind>

This is my opinion anyway.

Dont be Bias in styles for we are all Practitioners of Martial Arts!

Dragonias
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Goju, Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, look guys, try SHIKO DACHI with flat level thighs thats difficult, if u are unable to hold KIBA DACHI for 10 minutes, then start building those legs, when i was training on a regular basis i was able to hold KIBA DACHI for aslong as i wanted, KIBA DACHI was by far more testing, it pushed both mental and physical boundaries.
also KOKUTSU DACHI and NEKOASHI DACHI are very nice stances aswell, good for building leg strength

Natural
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Renzokenkai-do, Taikyoku-ken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind over matter, are club hold kai-ba-da-chi very low, are butt close to the ground.

*mArTiAl_GiRl*
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate, Wu Shu(Kung-Fu), Tai Chi, Hapkido

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday, we had to do Shiko-dachi for 1 min, Nekoashi-dachi and zenkutsu-dachi for 1 min! But I managed to do it, lol, it was a bit painful though.

Kumite988
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...I really wouldn't conider myself weak, or wouldn't like to consider myself 'weak'. But today we held front stance.... bout 2 min each leg deep stance... switched to shiko, around 2 min deep stance, then right after did just a exercise where you put your back against the wall and sit like your in a chair....works the same muscles as shiko but waaay harder...for like 30 seconds.....I WANTED to keep going I DIDN"T want to give up but once I fell...I tried to push myself back up...and my legs just wouldn't really work I seriously couldn't stand up that well.....at the end my legs looked like they were on top of a earthquake..this is why I doubt people can hold shiko 1 hr 30 minutes. I dunno maybe I just need more training.....

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, yeah that excersie where you do a 'kibadachi' up against the wall is a right one for leg training! In my karate dojo sensei calls it the 'ski squat' - the students call it the 'killer'.

Do you do jump squats? I dunno what they're properly called, but they're the ones where you are down on the floor as if you are going to do push ups, but you 'jump' your legs back and forward - up so they almost touch your chin, then straight out again. A friend of mine is an ex service-brat and her dad says that in the Marines (Royal Marines, not US Marines) they call that excercise 'the ba****d'. I can understand why!

Sheffield Steelers!

equaninimus
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Seibukan, Shotokan, Wado Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone do usagi tobi (bunny hops)? they used to be punishment in my old Wado dojo. I blame them for my knee problems.

aefibird
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Past and present: 2 styles of Karate, TKD, Aikido, Wing Chun, some Tai Chi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The head of my association uses them in his dojo. They're not a punishment, but used as excercise.

Sheffield Steelers!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: