Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Beer-monster
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Karate/Ju-jitsu

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes hakama look cool, they are often worn in ju-jitsu for the hiding of foot movement as mentioned, and also because jitsu is a samurai art and the samurai had a difinite dress code accroding to their class.

back to the real question. I take both karate and jiu-jitsu and I find that JJ helps me to understanhd karate more and vice versa. However it is hard to meld to two together as often hard karate strikes interupt the momentum used in throws, but locks are good.

Davison
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Hakko Denshinryu Jujutsu Kodokan Judo

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i study Hakkoryu Jujutsu and in my system,we wear hakama.yes,they look cool but do any of you know the real reasons behind them?in Japan when samurai fought on a regular basis,they used their hakama to conceal their technique.samurai trained a variety of arts and some trained in secrecy,they did not want anyone to learn these techniques.so say i do a technique called neo nage(two way throw),the person attacks with a hook punch using their right hand,my left hand blocks to the inside of his right wrist,when contact is made,grip the wrist and make a u shaped motion passing his hand your right hand,keep his hand moving upward and stepping under his arm,pivot your rightfoot so that your toes are pointing towards the opposite way he is facing,then,kneel down bringing them down to the ground and finish using neo nage principle pin(right hand still maintains same grip)with the left hand,place on the side of their face,holding them down,then use your right(the gripping hand)to pull opposite direction .when i finish this technique,my left knee is on the groundand my right is up,in doing this my hakama hangs down in between my legs ,ido this so that anybody that is behind me cannot see my technique.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: