Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Ka0ticSH
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: muay thai, shizukana-do, bjj, boxing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you do tho .. try your best not to let him mount you .. from experience: its very hard to unmount a heavier opponent who keeps control of his weight on you.

yoriki816
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shodan Yoseikan Aikido, Shodan Goshin Jujitsu

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai~
While I rarely find myself in such a situation because I'm often the larger of the two people doing ne waza, I would offer two possible solutions.

1. If you don't start in a kumi uchi position(meaning you aren't already grabbing each other) and he charges forward with arms extended to propel you backward you might try placing one hand in his armpit forcing the shoulder upwards toward his head while simulataneously pushing inward on his opposite knee. This movement when done correctly, lands uke on his back and in excellent position for any number of classic aiki pinning techniques.

2. And going from a more jujitsu approach you can always fall into a guard position and use your opponents gi to apply a juji jime or more commonly called a cross lapel choke. If you pull him to your chest as you do this you can almost completely eliminate the prospect of him breaking in your face with punches.

Hope this was of some help.

JohnnyS
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shootfighting, TKD, Goju

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of moves you can do from here, but your best bet is to stay on top.

The first thing you need to do is keep compact - don't stretch your arms out to grab him as he'll have more leverage than you if he's bigger and stronger. With your right hand push his head sideways to his right and get your head against the left side of his neck (this should be done as a quick move). Keep your spine straight and your arms in (like a T-Rex). By keeping his head sideways you severely limit his forward drive. Your right hand grabs his left pants near the knee, your left hand grabs his right elbow. Angle your body slightly so it's facing 45 degrees to his right. Drive forward keeping your head against his neck and pull slightly with your arms to take away his base and you should end up on top near side-control.

dark_adjudication
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Judo, Ninpo, looking for something new

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same situation in Judo. As he muscles me onto my back I executed a lapel choke. Grab both lapels of his gi and pull down on one side, straight-arm the other side up, across his throat. His weight will intensify the choke.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Sho-ju
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Karate, judo and jujitsu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/sotomaki.gif

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/blue/koshiguruma.htm

From the knees of course.

http://www.judoinfo.com/animate.htm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> BJJ, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Grappling Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: