Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

risingdragon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think pusing yourself to the limit is the best way to become stronger and gain greater strength and speed. yeah sure u get hurt and have to stop training for a while to recover, but after u recover you'll feel even stronger and faster then before.

Red J
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shaolin Kempo Sandan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the student that wants the best results, it is always best to give your best effort, not only physically but mentally as well. As far as the physical side it is important to have a training schedule that is balanced, makes sense, and includes proper nutrition and rest. I feel that training is almost always a waste if you are not there mentally. It is probably better to skip a workout than to fake your way through it.

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey did anybody see an GQ about 3 months ago. It had some of the most fittest guys in the world(something like that), anyway there was this one guy who said he works on a naseia(spelling) rating scale, from 1-10. 1 being fine and 10 was throwing up. He said he normally work at about a 9 on his scale. I thought this was amazing. There were two guys in the magazine that I was amazed by one was a Professional Kick Boxer, his training regiment was something else, and there was this guy who was the fittest man alive, he had the guiness book record. He ran 10 miles, biked 10 miles, swam 10 miles, did 1000 jumping jacks, 1000 pushups and 1000 situps all within 24 hours. I thought that was definietly pushing yourself to the limit..

Bretty101
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think mentally and physically i can achieve anything i put my mind to. If I want it i can have it, but i've got to want it!

I know if i wanted to i could be a doctor or a world class athlete. all i need is the WANT, the motivation, the dedication and the determination.

You WANT it you got it!!!

Bretty

BlackI
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say that again
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: