Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: A new way to train for flexibility and strength for MA Reply with quote

Many years ago it occurred to me that flexibility and strength could be developed differently than the traditional ways. People with no arms can do incredible things just with their feet. Also people that have lost the use of their legs can develop incredible upper body strength. Another idea is to imagine living in a tree environment, having to hold your own bodyweight on a branch and stretching from one tree to another, as children this was natural fun and games. Another concept is to play with the idea of not standing but to walk on your knees or just feet and hands. Also propelling yourself without the use of your legs, only using your forarms. Stretching your limbs and tendons as if you are reptilian. Pandiculation stretching as cats do is also encouraged. By practicing these ideas it is hopped that they will make you first of all appreciate your body more and with continued practice you will become stronger and more flexible in your chosen martial art. I believe these "body movements" exercises to be more natural than the contrived modern day ones. If you do take the time to try out some of these ideas don't expect instant results. I do hope that your primeval instinct's are awakened to other possibilities of moving and stretching. We can as humans become a little obsessed with the man and machine connection; in this case with exercise equipment. Here is a new way, or should I say a very old primitive way to stay in shape the way our ancestors did before we walked the earth. By practicing and adapting what you have read here. it should be inevitable in time that you will discover that strength and flexibility should be one of the same and not devided in to two separate entities. Perhaps for practice do a load of laundry with only the use of your feet. Pick up each item of clothing by just using your feet to load the machine. Turn light switches on and off while standing on one foot. Tidy the house without the use of your hands. And so on!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: