Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Is he a fake or does he deserve the belt?
Fake
67%
 67%  [ 56 ]
Real
32%
 32%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 83

FortuneCookie
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
He must be really talented! Who cares about the black belt? It is about skill, and being able to defeat your instructor by training by yourself is simply amazing! The other possibility, a highly likely one, is that he joined a total McDojo. And the blackbelts he challanged were originated from that dojo. He should challenge blackbelts of other respected (non-American if you let me) schools, to see if his achievements really mean something. Reading your story, I think he lives in an area with low level schools.

There are several of organisations who are qualified for handing out blackbelts for particular sports. I assume these organisations follow the same criteria for judging one others skill. However, he made his own (nowhere else recognized) sport. So why shouldn't he be allowed to create his own belt system?

Also I disagree with the poll,
we are not able to judge whether he deserves or do not deserves his belt. It seems unlikely that he will graduate for a black belt exam hosted by a respected and qualified organisation for any form of Karate, those judges are the ones to decide, we do not know him. And for the rest, he obtains a belt in his own created sport, why make a big deal out of it?

It's not about balance...

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is just a fighter....nothing more or less.

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

rmurray
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shorin ryu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Pedro, You're friend Napolean Dynamite is a real blackbelt. And I'm sure the most respected senseis in your area were lining up to prove themselves against a self taught 16 year old boy and his own style that he had been creating since he was 13.

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmurray wrote:
Yeah Pedro, You're friend Napolean Dynamite is a real blackbelt. And I'm sure the most respected senseis in your area were lining up to prove themselves against a self taught 16 year old boy and his own style that he had been creating since he was 13.

Yeah, and you left your gear in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my nunchucks in there.

Akikazeninja
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Ninjutsu Jujutsu Taijutsu Commando Krav Maga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand when people do things like this, there are a few things here I would like to talk about, first off every dog has his day, I know he repeatedly beat black belts but he might have just gotten lucky, but the biggest thing I see here is that who freakin cares if they were black belts?! I have two friends at school that are "black belts" but it only took them a year and a half to get them because their instructors just wanted to test them and get the test fee and they are horrible fighters. When we mess around and fight I beat them every time and I am only 8th kyu- after a year of training- so just because he beat black belts doesn't mean he is good. But even if they were legit black belts and have earned what they are wearing then he is a good fighter but it is still completely wrong to just buy something that so many people work years for in a day and say you earned it. But props if he is a good fighter

yamesu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin. MT. Arnis. Judo. JediMantre.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterPain wrote:
rmurray wrote:

Yeah, and you left your gear in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my nunchucks in there.

Exactly...

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterPain wrote:
rmurray wrote:

I love your humor MP. I'm voting for you in the "Funniest Member" category in the next KF Awards. I've never laughed so hard, because you make your point so exacting with your humor!!

MasterPain
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Bujin Bugei Jutsu, Backyard Kali, Satsui no Hadou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
MasterPain wrote:
rmurray wrote:

I love your humor MP. I'm voting for you in the "Funniest Member" category in the next KF Awards. I've never laughed so hard, because you make your point so exacting with your humor!!

Thanks. I don't take myself too seriously and forget that sometimes others do. Our gym is all people like that. LiverPunch, who is a better striker than me, likes to do WWF taunts when we spar. I was grappling with one of our guys the other day and my belt came loose. So I hogtied him with it. Some people would get angry about such things. We just laugh about it, and that's the kind of people we want. While a martial art should be scientific, effective and pressure tested, it should also be fun to train.

yamesu
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin. MT. Arnis. Judo. JediMantre.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
MasterPain wrote:
rmurray wrote:

I second that nomination!

Kevin Wilson
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halloween I see a hundred self bought black belts going about the street !!
http://livingstonmartialarts.co.uk/category/the-blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16
Jump to: