Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ts757
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont like him, call in health and safety (or whatever it's called in america). By hitting a student with intention to mame or injure is clased as GBH under UK law, methinks i'm sure america has it's equiv.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is someone who needs to not be teaching and to have the school shut down..and unfortunatly this type of instructor is not that uncommon..there are "instructors" out there that feel the need to teach class as if his student were soldiers and this is his boot camp..they wind up treating students and parents with much dirispect and unessesary abuse..and alot with lazy instructors who have 9 and 12 year olds running the classes for them while they sit in thier office.this should not be tolerated in any school especially when dealing with children..I myself was guilty of this at one time when i returned from military service..I drilled as a miltary instructor rather than a sahbumnim because it was all i did for the previous 6 years ..but now i was scaring the [word edited out] out of the students instead of teaching..and i thought it was just that they werent tough enough...well after about 12 students left classes after my return in one months time my master told me the truth..I was a terrible instructor and i had to tone down or leave the dojang before i put him out of buisness..and then i realized man im not teaching soldiers im dealing with six seven eight year olds and im coming down hard..and what was funny then was i thought i was helping them build character...well you live and learn i ajusted became alot more understanding and compasionate about dealing with kids..changed my teaching styles for different ages or genders kind of like a chameloen ..i know who i can nail to the wall now and they come back for more and who i have to treat with kid gloves on.....if any one has seen full metal jacket (the movie) i went from that drill instructor to a much more humble type like a puerto rican mr myagi...and now am an instructor who is much more enjoyed (except with my black belts..i still kill those guys but they love it) so with martial arts training it is not necessary to rule with an iron hand to become a successful teacher ..and any abuse should be dealt with straight out and not tolerated in the name of training.. hope you find a good school with a good instructor..good luck

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow taezee - what a great story! Thanks for being so candid, as I know it's not easy to admit when you're wrong.

Lori

-Unknown-

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"no problem, just a little boold" Hummmm,

Well, get your money back! Sue Him, I hate people that sue people but he shouldn't hit you. Go to judge Judy or jude Mills Lane, he used to be a boxer, he'll understand.

Valn
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find you sensei abusive.
Life is short, so if you don't like his way, don't give up and look around for other dojo.

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2001 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your instructor does not sound like a very cool guy. Try connecting with him and understanding where he is coming from. If he still doesn't make sense train with a different insructor. If worse comes to absoulute worst you may have to quit the dojo. An instructor that acts like that should not be allowed to teach.

jakmak52
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: ITF TKD (Chang Hon) & Shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Kickbutt on this one, thanks

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, is your instructors name Jim Harrison by chance?!?

<P>I think when it comes to Martial Arts you should choose a place that seems like a sports club with a family apnosphere, not some Ordained * working out of his garage.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: