Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the dantian, center of gravity correctly, not just in katas but in all martial art techniques.

Martial arts is a core based activity, strengthen the core, as this is what drives the outer limbs.

Katas without using the dantian are noticeable weak and noticeably strong when used correctly.

1000 practice katas without the dantian being used, may as well no bother doing them.

1 kata practiced using the dantian to its potential, will be a shining example to others.

Changing the tempo of the katas correctly according to the techniques combined with the kias that should also change their resonance, from high to low sounds from short to long, burst of energy.

These suggestion are intended to dispel the robotic or mechanical stigmas that martial artists have been accused of doing; sincerely hope these suggestion help you to perform your katas more the way that they were designed to be practiced, movements combined with a living breathing human spirit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: