Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JiuJitsuNation
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ Judo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Look what I found! Didn't we just talk about this Bushido?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actions are easy to take, but it's the responsibility of those actions that aren't that easy to accept, nor are they easy to own unless one is honest with others and themselves first.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Actions are easy to take, but it's the responsibility of those actions that aren't that easy to accept, nor are they easy to own unless one is honest with others and themselves first.

I agree. I think that a big part of this is the need for self-preservation, and one form of self-preservation is in saving face. And people will do this without any thought as to how it will affect others. That's why its so important to get this across early on in life, and that maintaining integrity is much more important, as you really only get one shot at that.

JiuJitsuNation wrote:
Ha! Look what I found! Didn't we just talk about this Bushido?

Yes we did!

Jeffrey
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: "Be responsible for you actions." Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
I was watching an interview on Fox Movie Channel with John Cena being interviewed by three students of filmmaking. The last question of the segment was asked in a manner that went something like this:

"We're students, still learning. What's the most important lesson you can send us away with?" or something to that affect.

John Cena's answer was: "Be responsible for your actions."

As simple as this may seem, I think it isn't said enough, and isn't preached enough. No one likes to be wrong, or on the side of things where something may have fallen through, but it is important that people learn to "man up" and take responsibility of their actions. I see a lot of people where I work that want to always point blame in other directions, and try to wiggle their way out of something that they did wrong. Teaching responsibility is something that we could use more of.

Solid post! I'm very bless to have a team at work that if something goes wrong or gets messed up some one will raise their hand and say I did it. I wish more people were like this. Pointing blame doesn't solve a problem. Take ownership over your actions. It goes a long way.

JiuJitsuNation
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ Judo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: "Be responsible for you actions." Reply with quote

Jeffrey wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
I was watching an interview on Fox Movie Channel with John Cena being interviewed by three students of filmmaking. The last question of the segment was asked in a manner that went something like this:

"We're students, still learning. What's the most important lesson you can send us away with?" or something to that affect.

John Cena's answer was: "Be responsible for your actions."

As simple as this may seem, I think it isn't said enough, and isn't preached enough. No one likes to be wrong, or on the side of things where something may have fallen through, but it is important that people learn to "man up" and take responsibility of their actions. I see a lot of people where I work that want to always point blame in other directions, and try to wiggle their way out of something that they did wrong. Teaching responsibility is something that we could use more of.

Solid post! I'm very bless to have a team at work that if something goes wrong or gets messed up some one will raise their hand and say I did it. I wish more people were like this. Pointing blame doesn't solve a problem. Take ownership over your actions. It goes a long way.

This is at the core of what I teach the children who attend the Nation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: