Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering who here toughens their body for things like breaks or ring fighting. What techniques do you use, and medicine if any?

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. I didn't fight in the ring before but I kick a tree with soft rops around it. I also beat my inside leg and outer leg muscles. I also use a medicine ball to toughen my belly.

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Palm. If you wnat to toughen your fists this is the way to go. After you are done with training you can break bricks. I'd also like to say that there is no better way to condition your stomach then crunches. I do hundreds of them a day.

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do some palm and knife hand conditiong on a bag filled with ball bearings or like sized pebbles.

We also condition our internal organs through controlled falling practice, and some sparring.

[CT]pizzaboy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: blue-belt taekwondo/green belt Yoshukai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You talking about a wall bag? I've got one of those. I put sand in it.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

rgovoro
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-30 12:29, Joecooke007 wrote:
Iron Palm. If you wnat to toughen your fists this is the way to go. After you are done with training you can break bricks. I'd also like to say that there is no better way to condition your stomach then crunches. I do hundreds of them a day.

Have you practiced Iron palm? If so, would you part with a few secrets on how one gets started in Iron palm. I study Mong su dom tai chinese karate, and they don't practice it, or I have'nt gotten to that level yet. I found a book called "Kung Fu; History, philosophy, and technique." by David Chow ( producer and creator of the T.V. show Kung fu), and it has conditioning in it. I practice three of the different ones in it; Forearm Kung( whack you forearms against a tree progressivly harder and harder), Iron leg kung( sweeps against a tree or post progressivly harder and harder), and Leaping kung(dig a hole 2 ft. deep, jump in and out of it as much as you can, and little by little dig it deeper and add some weight to your body).I don't have the time to devote to it old school martial artists did, but my vertical leap has gone up to 3-3.5 ft., and I can strike with my forearms and shins with a lot more power than I could in the past.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay since someone brought this thread up I have a problem with knee and shin tenderness. I still wear knee pads during class if I don't I wind up with green and blue knees. I would have thought things would have gotten better over time but no.

Now I am no kid. I am over 40 and do have some chronic joint problems. Any hope for me?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: