Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lee realized that MA takes on the form of the person using it. All styles are good. All styles focus on a certin part of MA. I am a firm believer the deeper you get into a style the more a style becomes rounded. I teach and veiw training like this.

White to Black Belt you learn the moves that makes upyour given style.

First Dan to Fifth Dan you make your style fit you.

Fifth Dan and up you Loose your style from a over all view because now you have discorved a lot of those hidden moves and ideas and you can adapt to most situation.

I have came up with this reasoning through much reading and studing of the Shotokan kata.

Martial Law
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: american freestyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce lee created jkd but it was his own personal style. real jeet kune do is being able to express yourself through fighting thats what bruce wanted it to be. he didnt want it to become a style thats why he tought JKD concepts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: