Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

JiuJitsuNation
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ Judo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally until one acquires a reasonable skill level they don't feel they CAN be effective with being aggressive. Most don't even realize that they have no ability to relax because they are just.. well.. fighting. Once you have a considerable amount of live time you will start to relax. i tell my students to relax everyday and everyday I have the same people turning blue in the face. I also hear things like if I relax I get tapped more. Well this is because of the lack of technique because compensated by the extra force. Better to learn how to relax and rely and trust in the technique earlier than later.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I was rolling, I had one of my friends who has done it a lot telling me to relax, and as I did so, I noticed more, and wasn't as worried about getting choked, tapped, etc. That coaching helped out.

Lee M
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To relax then mind must be empty of focus on nothing to do this you need to be unconciously throw techniques which needs lots of reps.

Experience as in you've sparred lots of times and have the belief in your ability to relax.

okehamptonunited
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Karate and Boxing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight against someone really powerful and good. I used to be too gentle. However now I have done some really tough sparring in boxing. At first I got really trampeled on.

Then I found aggression due to my fear of bieng totally overpowered. This means I am a much better fighter

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get aggressive during training when someone who's junior to me is going full power because I'm senior, especially after I've warned them that "you're learning, so stop, return to learning NOW", I'll give one warning after that I'll remind them of their position in the dojo/Hombu.

Now, Greg and I will actually try to kill each other and we're quite aggressive while we're doing it. We've known each other since we were kids in and out of the dojo/Hombu. It's a trust issue for us!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: