Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Months ago a chiropractor was sent to our office to give us all adjustments if needed. When I mentioned that I practiced martial arts he seemed to pay more attention to my alignment and did notice I was misaligned in one area and that one leg was slightly longer than the other. He grabbed my neck and twisted. I heard a mild "crack" and then this weird feeling rushed down my spine and all of a sudden I felt refreshed. But now months later I notice now and again that I feel misaligned, like my body feels crooked. I can crack my own back at times, (I'm sure thats not good but...) Someone told me that once a chiropractor adjusts your spine it needs to be done regularly and that actually it is beneficial to do so.
Does any one here go for treatments?

ZR440
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Filipino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do. Since last October in fact. Like yourself, I have a leg that is a tad longer than the other. Not to mention my lower back is curved a little more than optimum and a few disks are slightly twisted. Neck area is a bit too straight. My chiropractor cracks my lower, mid, and neck. Yes, it is normal for it to want to return to it's original position. Regular visits will train it, in effect, to correct alignment. It's the anti-sublexation treatment. I highly recommend a good Kenesiologist to anyone.

I'll be a knee consultant here after this month. Had MRI on knee today and will know results next week.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i heard a mild crack"

your chiropractor managed to realign your spinal cord??
isnt that dangerous, painful, and actually quite impossible to do???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the spinal cord the boney vertabrae. And it is usually done with an instrament with very controlled force.

Kickchick we do things every day that put stress on the muscles in our back. And it is not all that hard really for a change in the muscles to pull a vertabrae a tad bit out of alignment. So for those who do physical activity regular alignment sessions really make a lot of sense.

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after treatment try doing some strenthening exercises in the area that felt sore to make sure the muscles hold the area in place for as long as possible

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: