Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that they can prob. pick up more if it was a class of all high ranks however we just don't have the numbers to offer that many classes.

Their is 2 ways to look at it.
1. The way do its holding them back.
2. The way I do it teaches them how to teach, It teaches them to be patient, It brings the class closer because new students get to know and work with higher ranks.

IMO its 6inches one way and half a foot the other. If uppoer ranks don't train with beginnes they don't learn to see mistakes, they don't learn self control and certin aspects of discipline.

You need a mix and from time to time I do have special classes that are just for higher ranks. I teach to both so I don't just have black belts doing white belt techinques.

Goju1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: IOGKF Goju Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G95champ wrote:
I agree that they can prob. pick up more if it was a class of all high ranks however we just don't have the numbers to offer that many classes.

Their is 2 ways to look at it.
1. The way do its holding them back.
2. The way I do it teaches them how to teach, It teaches them to be patient, It brings the class closer because new students get to know and work with higher ranks.

IMO its 6inches one way and half a foot the other. If uppoer ranks don't train with beginnes they don't learn to see mistakes, they don't learn self control and certin aspects of discipline.

You need a mix and from time to time I do have special classes that are just for higher ranks. I teach to both so I don't just have black belts doing white belt techinques.

I agree. There are advantages to both ways and good to do both. I know I learn the most when I'm teaching. Screws my katas all up! If ya know what I mean?

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do I do

kempocos
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: RYUKYU KEMPO,MODERN ARNIS, ISSHINRYU,

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that both is very good, We push the higher ranks to attend every class offered. Do you allow them to spend the whole class without working with the lower belts at times to give them time for thier training.
To know how others run classes can only benefit all.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: