Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this style of combative MA that five martial artists created... a street-wise, highly effective combat system which derived its name from the first letters of the styles that comprised it. ... KA (from a Korean style of karate) JU (from judo and jujitsu) KEN (From kenpo) BO(from Chinese boxing, kung fu) --Kajukenbo "the perfected art of dirty streetfighting" .

There are several tactics that kajukenbo teaches in order for the martial artist to win on the streets.

ANYTHING GOES: The first thing to remember is to to do anything it takes to win. Even if you have to bite, scratch, and kick, there are no rules. You have to fight like an animal if necessary. The old phrase in the martial arts is "be humble," but be humble only to a point. Be a person because you choose to be, not because you're intimidated.

FIGHT FAST, FIGHT HARD: If you find yourself in a position where you have no other choice but to fight, do it fast and get it over with.

DON'T BE STUPID: Remember that a good streetfighter is as good as, or better, than a black belt in a street situation. Some of the streetfighters go out and fight every Friday night. They know how to take a punch. They know how to use a beer bottle. They know how to use a lot of things and they move like a cat when they fight.

STRIKE WHILE HE ARGUES WITH YOU: If you can hit your opponent while he's in the middle of a sentence or a word, you have the element of surprise. He can't think of two things at the same time.

SPIT IN HIS FACE AT THE EXACT MOMENT YOU STRIKE: Normally, a grown man will flinch because he doesn't like the idea of someone spitting in his face.

USE UNEXPECTED DIVERSIONS AND DISTRACTIONS: An older person can fake a heart attack long enough for the opponent to hesitate and be caught off guard by a couterattack. Surprise is always an advantage.

ATTACK THE MOST VULNERABLE TARGETS: Kajukenbo emphasizes attacking the most vulnerable targets including the eyes, the throat, the groin and the knees.

DON'T STOP UNTIL THE PERSON IS FINISHED: One or two moves may or may not be enough to take a person out. The kajukenbo strategy is to stike or kick a person, get him down to the ground, and then continue until he stops.

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all very good points. Especially the one about spitting in the attacker's face. That is definitely more of a psychological blow than anything! We are conditioned to be totally disgusted by that idea and almost all of us would be more fazed by a huge glob of that stuff than many right hooks or jabs (er well maybe not, haha

[ This Message was edited by: spinninggumby on 2002-05-29 11:44 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll there are no rules in streetfighting so any style should have all the tech. you mention.

El Guerrero Loco
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with the point abotut he good fighter being as good or better than a black belt. Sure he can take a punch, but the black belt should be able too as well. Besides if he's any good he shouldn't have to take a punch. Another thing, this so-called good streetfighter can fight other street fighters. Try fighting someone trained to fight. Sure sparring has rulez, but we keep that in mind, and what if he do vale tudo er somefin like dat? Plus, we have a wide variety of techniques and for some, styles to choose from and can do so in a split second. My dad is a dirty street figther person, never lost a figth, I guess I have his genes. I agree with the other points. Street fighters have some chance if any against a good striker because naturally they can punch. But what about a grappler? What possible chance would they have on the ground? Do they know how to get out of an arm bar? What about a reverse naked choke? I doubt it. Plus our conditioning and speed should be far greater than theirs and soemtimes strength, for those of us that incorperate weight training. SSSOOOO....street fighters can shove it, arrogant, honourless, no good mutha...ya know da rest. If one can break cement/boards/bricks...imagine what one could do to another person's friggin ball sack. BOOYAH! All opposed to knife hand throat stikes say I. *silence* thought so.

Sinbad
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<SSSOOOO....street fighters can shove it, arrogant, honourless, no good mutha...ya know da rest. If one can break cement/boards/bricks...imagine what one could do to another person's friggin ball sack. BOOYAH! All opposed to knife hand throat stikes say I. *silence* thought so. >>

Hey EGL, that's brilliant! I almost fell off my chair laughing

Seriously though, streetfighters come in all shapes, sizes and skill levels. All the way from pathetic to seriously mean. The only thing they have in common with each other is that thay all have experience in attacking / fighting people on the street. Most black belts don't and that is what makes the difference. Not that i have a great deal of street experience, but read the people who do - like Geoff Thompson. He points out how different fighting on the street is to what most martial artists are used to. Things like the element of surprise, fear, shock and pain mean that it is really hard to bring all your dojo-honed skills to bear when attacked for real.

Martial_Artist
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: The Pure Art

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, though. A black belt should be able to do this and should be to do that, but the reality of it is: Most 'black belts' don't. In fact, a really high percentage of black belts don't. If someone can break cement/boards/bricks how often do those things dodge or hit back? *silence* Not very often. Also, just a reminder, most street fighters carry a weapon. AND almost every street fighter I have run across does go to the ground in a fight. They may not call it an arm bar, or reverse naked choke, but they(speaking very generally) are familiar with them.
I think the real issue here is knowledge. I don't think half the people here actually know what a street fighter does or what happens in a 'street fight'. If they did there wouldn't be so much conjecture as to what occurs within a 'street fight'. A 'street fight' is a fight to win, not unlike any other fight. If you have trained to fight then you are ready for a 'street fight'. If you have not trained to fight (i.e. trained for conditioning or other purposes) then you are not ready for a 'street fight'. There is nothing 'DIRTY' that goes on in a street fight. Who can call one person's technique dirty? Just because it doesn't conform to your rules and your concepts of what a fight should be doesn't make it dirty. So what if he "FIGHTS DIRTY" who's to say it's dirty? You? You lost. So I guess it really wasn't dirty. I guess it was just better than yours. That's just the way it is. We can either fight to win or fight to lose.
Remember it IS called MARTIAL arts for a reason. But, I hate to say it, being a 'black belt' is not all it's cracked up to be. Again, it should be, but sadly it isn't always the case. We can talk COULDA, WOULDA, and SHOULDA's all day long, but it doesn't change the way things are.

My two(2) shillings.(Did I spell that right?)

BrerRobot
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you lose over half of your skillz when it comes down to it.

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

SSSOOOO....street fighters can shove it, arrogant, honourless, no good mutha...ya know da rest. If one can break cement/boards/bricks...imagine what one could do to another person's friggin ball sack. BOOYAH! All opposed to knife hand throat stikes say I. *silence* thought so.

You can hit a sationary target ? *silence while I'm in awe at how good you are*

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Sinbad
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote <<If you have trained to fight then you are ready for a 'street fight'. If you have not trained to fight (i.e. trained for conditioning or other purposes) then you are not ready for a 'street fight'. There is nothing 'DIRTY' that goes on in a street fight. Who can call one person's technique dirty? Just because it doesn't conform to your rules and your concepts of what a fight should be doesn't make it dirty. >>

Great point, MA! If a Thai boxer kicks a karateka in the leg or a judo man applies a choke. Is this dirty fighting? Well only under the rules of sport karate. Similarly, head butting, eye gouging or biting. There are no rules on the street.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with this I use basically the same outline when I teach self defense. Forget rules and tradition if your life is on the line you better not worry about being nice.

In my women's self defense class I have actually worked with them on how to snake spit. This is where you curl your tounge and aim for the eyes. Little something I picked up in college LOL....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: