Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the dojo you are at. Some require black belts to pay, some don't. Some dojo's pay their instructors to teach and some do not. At our dojo, we have a "continued black belt" study program, so the student has monthly dues to keep receiving training. On the other hand, the ones that are qualified to teach and make it onto the teaching staff, receive money for teaching classes.

theswarm
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Go-Kan-Ryu Karate, filhos di bahia Capoeira, Okinawan GoJu Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at our school we don't get paid to teach but if you are a sensei you don't have to pay for classes, i wish i was a sensei - i spend up to 35 dollars a week on training

CloudDragon
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Karate, Jujitsu, Kenpo, Taekwondo, Kendo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in a situation where I had to pay tuition as an assistant inst. . What made it tolerable was that I taught the first class and was a student at the second, so I was still learning and had the teaching experinence. However, if you don't have that time to be the student I feel that you shouldn't have to pay to help someone.

Sasori_Te
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Kempo and Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It varies from school to school. My first instructor let me train without paying tuition because I taught beginner classes for him. I've had instructors since that charge no matter what. As long as I receive my training it really doesn't matter to me. Teaching someone else is not the same as you being trained. You can learn more about techniques you already know by showing them to someone else but you obviously can't learn a technique from your system without it being taught to you first.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: