Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

tenkamusou
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Doubts on KUMITE Reply with quote

Is it possible to see all your oponents moves while he's throwin ten moves kicks and punches while you're trainin kumite...
cause I was practicing with a friend of mine today... but I guess he was so fast that I could only see the first puch or kick, the rest of the moves on the combo I couldn't even see or defend properly... and that sucks...

Is it my fault? should I practice more instincts or It's like that to everyone?

and another thing... I love mawashi gueri... i'm tryin to become an expert at it... but almost everytime I throw a mawashi kick the oponents defends with his elbow... and that really hurts my feet!!

maybe I should wait for them to open their guards and then kick... but my instincts speak louder eehehehheeheehehe Is that normal too?

Oss!

ZeRo
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how long have you been training and in what art?

tenkamusou
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied shotokan when I was 12... then I stoped for a while...then I started s.h.i.t.o Ryu... the I studied that for bout 2 years then stoped... then I came back to S.hi.to.ryu training full speed... I've been back for bout 6,7 months...

Kirves
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hand is quicker than the eye, many arts (Wing Chun, American Kenpo, Kali, etc.) rely on fast combos to overwhelm the opponents senses. Answer: when you are attacked with too a fast combo, treat it as one big attack (i.e. get out of the way, move to the side or close the gap, or perhaps retreat, but that one must be either the last option or done correctly with something like pendulum step or what fits the situation). Turn the tables on him!

And if your gedan mawashi gets blocked every time, you are not setting your kick up properly, keep him busy upstairs so his elbows are not down there to meet your foot.

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continue working on your own combinations, timing, and angles of attack. The more you practice then the better you'll become. Don't get frustrated, and look at every sparring session as a learning experience and nothing else. Win, lose, or draw, there is always something to be learned.

tenkamusou
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! thanx guys... those were some of the best advices I had...

I guess that instead trying to catch all his moves, I should defend the first and try to stop him at that time, the really begginin of the combo... If do that, I'd really give him some trouble... cause that's nothing worse and frustrating that having your attack explosion interrupted...

wut do you guys think?

tenkamusou
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow and another thing!

wut is better? Fight in a stance, like kokutsu and shikodachi and that kind of stuff, or fight in Moto-dachi and any position...

some say that fighting in a stance like kokutsu gives you more explosion and power to the attack...

Kirves
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get fixed upon a certain stance. The deep stances are best used when you need their extra power, for example, when you throw or sweep him, or with the finishing technique. When you start up, you should be as mobile as possible, without sacrificing balance.

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's rough. I get the sense that with two really skilled fighters in the martial arts, it's over in 2-4 seconds and whoever happened to mess up loses. You've already got some good advice here. I can't think of anything to add except try nailing him first. People primarily on the defensive tend to be the losers. Don't give him the chance to start using the combos if possible.

cross
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, for your stances during kumite u should be in a fighting stance that suits you... but im not saying throw away the other stances u know they are very useful... e.g if he is coming at u fast u may be able to shuffle back or move into kokutsu dachi ( back stance ).. and then just has he is finishing move forward into a zenkutsu dachi ( forward stance) and attack... just some ideas play around and im sure u will work it out....

any questions email me at elibailey19@hotmail.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: