Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever used an EMS machine. Personally I have used for rehabilitation of injuries; however I see now that they are promoting lots of these machines on TV as an easy exercise program.

I'm not sure how safe it is to pump electricity through your muscles on a daily basis, and wondering if there are any side effects that anyone knows of.

Also I find it funny that they claim 15 minutes is like doing a thousand sit ups.

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" - I think I'll stick to that... Nothing like good old-fashioned hard work! Yes, I have heard of this before, but I'm wondering if it's the same thing as another product out there that gives you a massage by 'zapping' your muscles? I can't imagine you'd feel the same euphoria you feel after a really good, hard class...

Lori

-Unknown-

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that it ruins your muscles structure and fibres.Is it true does anybody know?

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine uses one of those and it hurts apparently. He will be sitting there one moment just laughing at something on TV...(oops, I'm making him sound like some sort of lazy overweight couch potato) then all of a sudden he'll screw up his face in agony.

But it does work apparently...IMO though, the whole point of getting fit is for the buzz you get from training, not the muscles you've got.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You, know. Bruce Lee use it on him self when he is tried.

Blade13
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I use the GymForm Plus, which is an EMS machine. It works really well! Although it is easy and it doesnt take energy.....it is NO REPLACENT for a regular workout. I only use it if i am out of town, away from my workout equipment, or inable to use my equipment because of injury, or if there is a muscle group that regular workouts just dont help. It doesnt lose fat. It only builds muscle. So if u want fat loss, get something else. And yes, it does hurt sometimes. I accidentally turned the power up too high once and that was something I will NEVER forget. It can kill you if you put 2 electrodes on the front and back of your body where the charge passes through the heart. Real workouts are much better and more fufilling.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually us EMS for injury treatment along with accupunture. I'm just curious if thee are any side effects from the electricity on the nervous system from prolonged usage.

Company says no...but I was wondering if anyone has seen any studies.

superkicker
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ems is great for helping damaged muscles but as far as it goes for actual training it is far less superior than the old fashion methods as it lacks the resistance found from weightlifting. The resistance muscles encounter from weight lifting is one of the key elements in building muscle.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about i buy one and tell you how it works huh?

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the intended use for the Ab Toner. American ingenuity (not at its finest I'm afraid ...) ... I heard about this on the radio this morning ...don't try this at home folks!!!!!
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0302/abtoner.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: