Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Flexibility vs Mobility Reply with quote

What if you could match your flexibility to your mobility?

When out in the park doing some flexibility movements, I try to fool my nervous system to belive that being stiff, will put us in danger.

What happens is my nervous system releases "Hormones or raise my whatever it does" that makes me more pliable and or flexible.

Another trick I play on myself is to tell muscles to sleep or have a nap; it works for me.

This is mind over matter stuff.

Point being, playing a tug of wars with muscles, to make them more flexible, can actually get the opposite effect, than what is desired.

Smiling can help flexibility more than frowning due to it takes less muscles to look happy than angry; this is why many fighters start smiling while fighting as it relaxes muscles to throw faster, better, higher, looser kicks or punches.

That's the theory, if interested here is more of the same...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tvE0FcU062o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: