Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Football season is here!!! Reply with quote

Ok, folks, football is here. This is my favorite sport by far, and I also play in a fantasy league. I am a HUGE Kansas City Chiefs fan. A die-hard fan. Through thick and thin (and boy, has it been thin lately!).

I thought I would start this thread and try to keep it going throughout the season. I'll throw in my weakly shpeal on the Chiefs game, and maybe something about the fantasy side of it as well. If anyone wants to talk/brag/cry about their teams' performance as well, feel free!

Ok, week 1, Kansas City. Kind of what I expected. NO offensive line....kind of expected this with the retirement of all pro left tackle Willie Roaf, and the departure of all pro full back Tony Richardson.

I was pleased with the defense, and should have started defensive end Jared Allen on my fantasy team. Holding the Bengals offense to 23 points is a feat.

And now, the dagger in my heart....the injury to quarterback Trent Green. Reports said that at the hospital he was alert and had control of all of his extremities, but could not remember what happened to injure him. Hopefully he will be ok, and be back in the lineup in a few weeks. He has not missed a start in 5 years with the Chiefs.

As for fantasy league, well touchdowns are everything in my league, and I didn't score enough to get anywhere. Oh, well, there's always next week!

Last edited by bushido_man96 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Dolphins fan. Daunte played pretty good QB for 3 and 1/2 quarters and then blew up in the final 1/2. But, it was his first game back from major knee surgery, so I think we have to be patient (and even the greatest quarterbacks do that stuff when healthy, anyway). It's just good to have someone with his ability at the QB position. It's been a while (Marino) since we had someone like that.

My fantasy team did rather poorly. I had Daunte at QB and he had 0 TDs and 2 INTs, so that didn't work very well. Our offense line was really pretty terrible and our defense was alright, not great (if it weren't for the 87 yardish reception by a TE, it would have been better).

We also had the little flag replay issue. Not that big a deal, but it was odd for sure. Saban will be running it out there from now on, I'm sure.

That was terrible what happened to Trent Green. Hopefully, he'll be alright.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Zorbasan
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Shotokan and ICHF Hapkido plus any other style i can get into a seminar on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha,

football season is finishing up here

cricket / soccer season is coming

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 'Fins' fan, huh Patrick? That's cool. My brother was a huge Marino fan as well.

This is Dante's chance to prove to everyone that he can be a good QB without having Randy Moss to throw to.

HG
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hung-Ga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad football season has started. GO GIANTS!!! The penalty on Eli Manning's pass to Tim Carter was a horrible call.

alsey
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: shotokan (2nd dan), jujitsu (3rd kyu), kendo (1st dan).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, being in the UK i don't see much of your football, but me and my friends always watch the superbowl (they do show that here) and enjoy it. i still reckon it should be called combat handball though, and not football
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All righty, this week the Chiefs play the Broncos in Denver. I probably don't need to tell anyone how big a game this is for KC this week, being against a huge arch rival. I won't delve into my true feelings about the Broncos, because I like being a member of this site!

Well, this is always a tough game, and it will be even tougher without the starting QB. Green is out of the hospital, but will likely miss the next two weeks. Week 3 is the bye week for the Chiefs, so he gets 3 weeks off.

The Chiefs also intend to sign Rod Gardner this week, pending passing a physical. He should be a good addition, helping out the receiving corp as most likely a number 3 guy, bumping Dante Hall to the number 4 spot.

And now, my key to winning in Denver:............feed Larry Johnson the ball!!!!!!!! He needs 25 to 30 carries, and about 200 yards of offense to keep the Denver O off the field. Hopefully, Jake Plummer will contribute to the Chiefs as much as he did last week to the other team, making the defense look good! Could be wishful thinking, but I am clinging on for a win in Denver!

patusai
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: So Ryu, Shorin Ryu, Isshin Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Packer fan. It's going to be a long bad year.

niel0092
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Kali, TKD, judo (formerly)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Patusai, a Packers fan? And I thought you were a sensible individual.

(I watch the Vikings)

Pacificshore
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chinese Kenpo/Kara-Ho Kempo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAMS Fan here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100
Jump to: