Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Going to China to train in the Shaolin Temple Reply with quote

hey all,
ive recently been thinking of going to China to train in the Shaolin temple for one of there 4-8 weeks schemes. i dont really have much knowledge ot whats its going to be like but i do know that communication will be little and that the training will be tough. I am a commited martial artist though so i would think that the training will be an enlightening experience for me. Anyways do any of you know anything about the trainining in Shaolin temple and whether it would actually be a good idea to actually go and train there or not. If anyone of you has any information about it, it would be most helpful to me
Ad
http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else on the forum (Henry South) is supposedly there or going there soon. Maybe you can wait for some of his updates? If you decide to go please tell us all about it when you get back... it would be very appreciated I think.

jmd161
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hak Fu Mun (Black Tiger) Swai Jiao

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it would be great to train in the Shaolin Temple.You hear so much about the temple both good and bad.I don't know how much you'd learn in 4-8 wks ,but hey go for it.I have a tape here of a american training in the Shaolin Temple he trains there 6mo out of the yr.He is very good you see the head teacher working with this guy and he is just amazing.The head teacher goes around working with all the students and he does everything with little effort.

If you check Shaolin.com or maybe ShaolinWolf.com one of those is a guy living in the Shaolin Temple you can e-mail him and he'd write you back.He has pictures and everything on the website.He's American or British i think either way he speeks english.

jeff

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry South seems to not be training in the authentic Shaolin Temple, i however want to train in the real thing. I thing the real school is situated in Dengfeng but forgive me if am wrong. I am currently enquiring still into this journey and i am concerned to what the accomodation will be like and ecspecially the language communication, i would imagine it would be difficult in the real shoalin temple
http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jmd161
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Hak Fu Mun (Black Tiger) Swai Jiao

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there would be a language barrier ,but from what i hear you could make very good money teaching english.That could pay for your room and board and training at the temple.

jeff

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they'll let outsiders train in the actual temple...

Sepultura
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: kyokushin karate,wushu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct me if i am wrong but the shaolin temple training system is divided into 2 branches.the martial monks,and the secular disciples.the martial monk branch is for thebest in kungfu and buhdism so u cant train with them.the secular disciples are trained under master Shi DeCheng.Master Shi Decheng has his own school outside the shaolin temple. URL http://www.sdcshaolin-kungfu.com/jianjie0.htm check out this site and hope it was any help.

Sepultura
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the link also http://www.songshanshaolinguan.homestead.com/shidecheng.html
its an interview with shi decheng

Sepultura
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the link also http://www.songshanshaolinguan.homestead.com/shidecheng.html
its an interview with shi decheng

King of Fighters
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea to go. I wanted to go to 1 of those things for a summer but it was 3 k for everything and i didnt want to spend that kinda money.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: