Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

madtanker
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tang Soo Do/Hapkido

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MasterPain"]The owner of the car complied and got out of the car. She was safe. A team of trained and armed police could have captured the carjacker much more safely later. The guy got shot in front of his children to prevent the carjacker from taking a car. Or did I miss something?[/quote]

Oh, I must have missed that one; if the woman is out of the car, as I have said before...
NO PROPERTY IS WORTH DYING FOR...
if I have a bar of gold, and a gun underneath, if someone has the drop on me, they leave a bar of gold richer... however, if I am told I am dying anyway, then it is worth my life to try to end his/hers first...
Again, one must weigh the risk versus the reward... The universe rights wrongs eventually...

havamal
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that well-intended man jumped into an ambush without assessing the situation and seemingly without the preparation to deal with an armed felon.

even a well-trained martial artist prepared with an applicable concealed-carry weapons permit (CCW) and a pistol would have seen the risks of jump-in to conclusion and rushing in blindly.

karate or jujutsu is for when you're out of 'bullets.'

Tempest
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: Judo, HEMA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very STUPID man.

He left behind a family that will miss him and a life unlived for WHAT?

A CAR?

Look, I know the impulse to be a hero is a strong one. When I here someone scream for help, I run to help them. But I grew up in a bad neighborhood, have family in law enforcement and worked as a bouncer. Confronting violent people in the middle of violence without an equalizer is not brave, nor is it admirable. It is STUPID. And a good way to end up dead.

You know who I feel for? His kids, left without a father and the woman who had to watch him die over a car.

No, it would not have gotten much media attention if nobody had died, but she still probably would have gotten her car back eventually. And the guy who did it would most likely have been cought eventually.

Yes, it takes time, and yes it is more than inconvenient for the victims of property crime, but the question is, was it worth this mans life?

[/rant]

Sorry about that. Just have seen too many of these up close and am tired of anything that encourages this behavior. Fight back if you want when it happens to you, but if you intervene in someone elses fight without the right tools you are asking to die and it WILL end in tragedy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: