Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

How many fights?
1-5
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
5-10
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
10-20
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
20+
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

alanseijas
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Isshinryu, Shorinryu, Fut Sao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in 1 - 5. I haven't been in a real fight in 12 years, unless you count with my wife!
The patch or crest worn by Isshinryu karateka often raises admiration and curiosity. The patch is based on a day dream Tatsuo Shimabuku had in the fifties while he was creating his karate style. This dream was the missing piece in the puzzle called Isshinryu. The patch is often incorrectly called Mizu Gami, which means 'water goddess'. Originally the Isshinryu emblem was called 'Isshinryu No Megami', which means 'Goddess of Isshinryu'. The goddess is the Goddess of Isshinryu karate and not the goddess of water.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was in three fights. Two was in Junior High. I defended my sister in one of them. The last one, I was attacked (after starting MA).

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_kitty wrote:
who picked the 20+?

bouncers, police officers, prison guards, could all easily get into 20 fights.

Drunken Monkey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: white chocolate profiteroles and natas....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i think they would call them acts of self defence....

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

tommarker
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semantics..

jeffrogers
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: BJJ, Hakutsuru (White Crane Karate), Shaolin Kenpo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a bit when I was younger mostly I would get hit adn then cry. Pretty sad. Since taking martial arts at age 17 my last fight was when I was 17. I hit him he tried to hit back missed tried to grab me I took him to the ground quick and that was after 3 or 4 months of MA training. I was going to hit him again but I didn't his short but older brother said stop. I thought I was going to get jumped by him so I was ready for him. but he had his hands up and didn't want to fight. Later on the guy I faught we later became friends. Another time was when I was at my AIT (job training) in the army. I was in my barracks and guy was doing fire guard. He was being loud obnixous and I told him to get out of my room. I ended up pushign him out and he came to tackle me adn I but him in a gulitine and went to the ground and ready to choke him out. My roomates pulled me off hiim. It was dark in my room. The guy standed up and my roomate put his arms against my chest saying don't fight. my hands were blocked so I couldn't get it up in time for the other guy to stop his punch and hit me in the mouth. We went at it agian. he got me in a head lock I tried to get it off he had it in tight. * me off I know moves to get him off. But we ended up breaking it off. Actually we ended up talking about it we appologized next morning then became friends. Kind of weird how all that worked out.

Only other fights I been were MMA event fights. I lost both of them wasn't really trained for it. Of course I am going to make the excuse that the 2nd person they put me with was a seasoned pro fighter who has faught alot. I was set up as a tomoato can or record buffer for him. OH well its expeirence.

Thats my fight history since I been training.
Nothing really impressive. When I leave Korea and get back into the states I plan on taking back of BJJ as well as starating some boxing and learning wreslting take downs and sprawls and get back into MMA Events. What an adrinline rush it was.

-Jeff
-Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Drunken Monkey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: white chocolate profiteroles and natas....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

semantics maybe but it does show a lot about the mentality of the person.

some talk about fights.
some talk about when they've had to defend themselves.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is/should be proud of fighting. If you defended someone, that may certainly be something to be proud of, but only because fighting was your only option and you had to do it.

Seriously answer the poll question or don't answer, please.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

WolverineGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Kalkinodo, San Chin Ryu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been in a couple actual fights...those were all in junior high. Since I've gotten my black belt, I've talked a few people down from trying to pummel me.
"There is no spoon."

Northren Ogre
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked one of the 20+. As a Doorman for 4 years and now as a Correctional Officer for 6 years, I've been involved in more than my fair share of "incidents". While you're free to have your opinion, I especially like being told by a High School student that being in a fight shows that I have "poor self control". When you work in a field where the possibility of assaults are high, you better be on your toes and ready to defend your self at the drop of a hat! Diplomacy is still your best weapon, but there are times when the gauntlet is thrown down and it's time to knuckle up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: