Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

G95champ
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan Karate (FSKA)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We usually do 3 2 hour classes a week

LeaF
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train at my dojo 5 days a week, several hours each day, totals to about 10-15 hours a week

I AM CANADIAN

Killer Miller
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: JKA Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeaF wrote:
I train at my dojo 5 days a week, several hours each day, totals to about 10-15 hours a week

It seems to be around 10 - 12 hours a week to be the ideal amout of hours to train - how you spread that out is up to you.

Back in my team training hay day, I was training 6 to 7 days a week about 3 to 5 hours a day - and so was most of the team members (around 30 to 35 hrs. a week). We would all typically meet for meals after training...and eat like pigs! However, we couldn't keep our calories up!!! Many of us, myself too, lost a lot of weight with this training regimine. We all felt very healthy, quick, strong, etc... Although, in reality, we were actually very unhealthy. I went from 180 lbs., down to the low 140 lb. range - other team members did the same. Two team members went from the 200 lb range down to the high 130 lb range and got "Mono" as the result! Most of us had cut back our training to the 20 hour range and started to get healthy again and gain weight. I personally cut my training back to every other day - my weight returned back to the 178 lb range by doing so.

I hope many of you enthusiasts learn from my mistake. Generally you have "one" chance to train "properly" in Karate because the result could affect your Karate careers/goals for the rest of your life!!! An injury for improperly training can scar you for good...

Any other similar experiences out there???

- Killer -
Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/
Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

DeeperMeaning
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train everyday and train/teach 3 times a week for 4 hours. 1 hr makiwara / sandbag, 2 hrs teaching and 1 extra hour doing kata / sparring with advanced students.

Pyros
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: JKD Unlimited

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the dojo here they have four classes per week. I also train twice a week conditioning (weights, aerobic exercises). I can't attend to all four classes though as my work gets in the way.

Bratt
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm...and sometimes on Fridays and Saturdays from 10am to 12pm with the Tuesdays and Thursdays...if I confused anyone, I apologize lol It's late and im tired

Defender
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Sankukai Karate, JuJitsu, Tai Chi, Aikido, Sabre, Kickboxing, Judo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do 7 martial arts... between them i train 30 hours a week,
with

2 sessions on Monday,
3 on Tuesday,
3 on Wednesday,
2 on Thursday,
3 on Saturday and
2 on Sunday

Each session is from an hour and a half to two and a half hours

avril333
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train 5-6 times a week, twice on Thursdays, each class being 1 hr to 2 hrs long, depending on the type of class that I am attending. I just can't get enough of it. I guess though it is a good addiction if you are going to have one!

iolair
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Kickboxing, Ju Jitsu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 6 hours a week, split between technique and general conditioning/fitness... I don't attend a club (haven't done for a decade, for personal reasons), so this is all solo training. I have a good gym at home though.

Saturday - 90 minutes
Sunday - nil
Monday - 50 minutes
Tuesday - 75 minutes
Wednesday - 35 minutes
Thursday - 75 minutes
Friday - 35 minutes

I do technique work every day that I train (practising a basic set of 20 techniques: 5 punches, 5 kicks, 5 throws - or the turn-ins anyway, 5 elbows & knees. Each is done 100 times on each side.

Saturday is my main weight session. Monday is extended punch-bag work. Tuesday is plyometrics on odd weeks, isolation weight training on even weeks. Thursday is circuit training on odd weeks, and I go to my fencing club on even weeks.

Unfortunately, my life is so busy that's all I have time for: I'm a science teacher, and have a wife and young daughter. I usually start my training around 10pm.

yellowsnow
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I train kickboxing 2 times a week, 1 hour each, and 1 class of jiu-jitsu a week for about 2 hours.

YS
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: