Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Joecooke007
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It stinks that you lost your "official" black belt but you still have the skill. You should test in another school and get your belt recognition back.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say that the belt dosen't matter. Do you still know what your doing? Did they take away your brain? Because as long as you still have those you will always be a blackk belt. But once again it dosen't matter.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Tang Soo Do school in NJ, we had TKD people (black belts) come to our school. My instructor let them keep their rank, because he knows they earned it. But he would give them a time frame to learn our forms, ect. Usually a year. Then they would test for their TSD black belts. I think that's fair. If you came to our school as a gup rank (under black belt), he would start you as white belt, but he would let you learn as much as you could up to your current rank, then test you for that rank.

We even had people come in from different orgs or feds (we were the IMA). A guy came from the International Tang Soo Do Fed to our school. He was allowed to keep his rank as long as he showed proof (cert, and/or ability). He knew the forms already, so he was allowed to keep his rank, as long as he learned our version of step sparring before he tested again.

When I started TKD, I had to start all over again. Mainly because of politics, I think. I showed them everything I knew with good technique, ect. And I showed them my certs. They put me in a beginners class. I wasn't allowed to spar, or anything. Is this sort of thing normal with TKD orgs/feds? I never saw stuff like this with any TSD org or fed.

tigerstyle18
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pose a tired question. What is a belt anyway? Thats retorical by the way. No need to debate.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: